Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
November 3 – November 9
As nice as it’s been to have my husband home, it has also resulted in me being off schedule and not getting everything done I was supposed to.
Emotional Health Goals
Emotionally, this week started off great, since my husband was off. And I had an interview on Monday — which I nailed. By Friday I had a job offer and accepted. Super excited, although slightly nervous about this new phase.
- Blog daily. I feel like I’ve started to slack on blogging. But I also think that really relates to my husband having been home. So hopefully, now that he’s back to work, I’ll get more consistent with my schedule.
- Sunday 11/3 – none :/
- Monday 11/4 – wrote a post
- Tuesday 11/5 – wrote coyer sign up post
- Wednesday 11/6 – replied to comments
- Thursday 11/7 -visited blogs & updated a post
- Friday 11/8 -edited post & visited a couple blogs
- Saturday 11/9 -wrote Sunday Post
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. I’m starting to get out a lot more now!
- Sunday 11/3 – I went to the store to get an outfit for my interview and also to get my nails done. Then that evening we went to my sister-in-law’s new house for a fajita dinner. It was a good day!
- Monday 11/4 – I had an interview and I was out for about 3 hours. And the interview went great.
- Wednesday 11/8 – Dr’s appointment in the morning and then took Dante to a tummy time at Pediatrician’s office in the afternoon
- Interact with the What to Expect When You’re Expecting Community 1 time a day.
- Sunday 11/3 – Yep!
- Monday 11/4 – Yep!
- Tuesday 11/5 – Yep, 5:30 a.m. feeding, making sure Dante was really back to sleep.
- Wednesday 11/6 – Yep, same as yesterday, while Dante was getting back to sleep.
- Thursday 11/7 – Sense a pattern? On the app while Dante was getting back to sleep.
- Friday 11/8 – I actually didn’t use the app today while Dante was falling back to sleep, because he put himself to sleep!! BoYa!
- Saturday 11/9 – Yes, but in the afternoon.
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Go on 1 walk a day.
- Sunday 11/3 – One, 1 hour walk
- Monday 11/4 – One, 1 hour walk.
- Tuesday 11/5 – one, 30 minute walk. Rain made us stop early.
- Wednesday 11/6 – no walk, very busy day.
- Thursday 11/7 – we got rained out in the am/too cold in the pm
- Friday 11/8 – two, 20 minute walks. Too cold for longer.
- Saturday 11/9 – no walks today, but running around on errands
- Morning Meltdown 100 workout 5 times a week. I’m really excited by how easily I’m able to start doing these workouts. I had to buy weights though and I may need to buy another set.
- Sunday 11/3 – did workout #3 (had to buy weights for this one)
- Monday 11/4 – between interview and Dante not sleeping as late as he’d started to (thanks Daylight savings grr!) I had to make today an off day.
- Tuesday 11/5 – did workout #4 and used cans for lightweights… probably need to buy some.
- Wednesday 11/6 – did workout #5, a yoga workout
- Thursday 11/7 – did workout #6, a HIIT workout. Was interrupted two times by Dante waking up, but he got back to sleep and I got it done.
- Friday 11/8 – did workout #7, a weight workout focused on the butt and legs.
- Saturday 11/9 – did workout #8, a martial arts inspired workout
- Get to bed by 10 p.m. I set an alarm for 9:30 and I think that’s really helping me wrap up the day in time for bed at 10.
- Sunday 11/3 – went to bed at 10 p.m., but didn’t go to sleep until 11:30 because I was prepping for my interview mentally.
- Monday 11/4 – Yes! I laid down right at 10 p.m.
- Tuesday 11/5 – Yes, I was in bed right at 10 p.m.
- Wednesday 11/6 – Yep, I was in bed at 9:58 p.m.
- Thursday 11/7 – Yes, exactly 10 p.m.
- Friday 11/8 – No, Dante through our schedule for a loop. 10:30/10:45 maybe.
- Saturday 11/9 -Yes, made it to bed and got a good night’s sleep.
Here’s how I did.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. I started the week off really struggling with this,
- Sunday 11/3 – 57.8 oz… almost made it.
- Monday 11/4 – 40 oz.
- Tuesday 11/5 – 72 oz
- Wednesday 11/6 – 48 oz.
- Thursday 11/7 – 40.9 oz. oops.
- Friday 11/8 – 24 oz… seriously?!
- Saturday 11/9 -56 oz. Super close.
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. Ugh, I really haven’t been doing so good eating veggies lately.
- Sunday 11/3 – none
- Monday 11/4 – 1 serving at dinner
- Tuesday 11/5 – 2 servings at dinner
- Wednesday 11/6 – Ate like crap today 🙁
- Thursday 11/7 – 2 servings at lunch
- Friday 11/8 – another eating like crap day
- Saturday 11/9 -2 servings at lunch
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday by Friday night. Done!
- Drink no more than 1 soda a day. Going to re-break the soda habit!
- Sunday 11/3 – 1 Pepsi
- Monday 11/4 – 1 Coke
- Tuesday 11/5 – No soda!
- Wednesday 11/6 – 1 coke
- Thursday 11/7 – 1 coke
- Friday 11/8 – 1 sprite
- Saturday 11/9 – 1 sprite
- Make a plan with nutritionist for easy, healthy snacking.
- First step – I scheduled an appointment with my nutritionist for Monday 11/11 at 2:30 p.m.
- Nutritionist emailed recommendation (until we meet) to start every snack with a vegetable or fruit, so I’ll be working on that this upcoming week
I’ve been slacking with Instagram again, but I’m hoping to get back to it. If you want to follow me there, I’m @berlssc.