Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
October 6 – 12
Man, this whole postpartum period is so incredibly full of ups and downs! I survived another week though! Now that I’m not breastfeeding, I think the weight is going to be harder to take off, so I need to refocus my attention on that moving forward. But still, my main focus has to be my emotions, since I’m still struggling about 50% of the time.
Emotional Health Goals
Here are my October goals and how I did:
- Start back on a Miracle Morning routine. I did pieces of my Miracle Morning throughout the day every day this week, although there were several day that I missed components of it.
- Blog daily. I may have missed a day or two, but overall I’m managing to either write a post, visit blogs, reply to comments or some combination of all three every day.
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. I got out a few times Sunday (October 6th)! I went and picked up groceries, then did my nails, and then we went to my brother’s for dinner. It was a great day and really left me refreshed for the week ahead.
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Do some yoga every morning as part of my miracle morning routine. I’m editing this goal, as it was unrealistic. I was going to scratch it, but I think I need to give myself 1 yoga session a week instead.
- Go on 1 walk a day. I’ve done this every day, and lately, I’ve actually taken 2 walks a day instead of just 1.
Here’s how I did.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. Still not doing a great job keeping track, but I do think I’m getting in 64 oz. I need to try and track moving forward though.
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. I’m trying to make sure that at least 1 meal a day has veggies in it… but I’m struggling here too.
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday over the weekend. I did not make a meal plan, but I did plan on a couple dinners to cook so it’s a start.
I’ve gotten back to posting semi-regularly on Instagram. If you want to follow me more closely, I’m @berlssc.