Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Committed For August 2020
What a year, right ya’ll? I’m feeling a bit discouraged because I had the goal at the start of 2020 to get to my goal weight by the end of the year. And I WAS so on track. But today I’m just trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight by the end of the year. On the plus, I did lose weight in July and I’m hoping to keep on that track in August. Having 3 categories of goals isn’t really working for me anymore. So here are my August 2020 Goals:
- Lose 8 lbs.
- Keep doing 10 minute workouts at least 4x per week. After being someone who used to workout 2 hours a day, this doesn’t feel like much. But I’ve found I can consistently do it and I’ve found some good workouts on YouTube that actually make me start to feel a burn and sweat.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. This is my cardio, plus Buffy needs it too.
- Only 1 soda Saturday OR Sunday. In June it was 1 soda a day. In July it was 1 soda per weekend day. Now I want to cut down to 1 per weekend day.
- Only eat meals at a level 3. I’ve started doing this program called Naturally Slim and they talk about cueing in to your hunger signals and rating your hunger on a scale of 1 – 4. I’m trying teach myself to wait until a level 3.
- Do 10:5:10 while eating meals. This is also from the Naturally Slim program, about eating super slow so you give your body time to tell you that your full.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 8/14: Update for 8/1 – 8/7
- Friday 8/21: Update for 8/8 – 8/14
- Friday 8/28: Update for 8/15 – 8/21
- Tuesday 9/1: Goals for September!
- Friday 9/4: Update for 8/22 – 8/28
- Friday 9/11: Update for 8/29 – 9/4