Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
January 5 – 11
These updates are always going to be a week behind, covering Saturday – Friday of the week prior, since my goal is to write blog posts each Sunday and that gives me a chance to write the update post.
I feel like this week was more like my start to a New Year than January 1 was. I was definitely more committed to my goals and more successful with them.
Emotional Health Goals
I was really worried what starting back to work would do for my emotional health. But I went in with a plan and stuck to it, even if it did mean not getting everything done. I left work every day by the time I had planned and really focused on taking care of me 🙂
- Do my miracle morning in some form everyday – even if it’s modified on the weekend. I didn’t miss a single miracle morning this week!
- Do my miracle night every night, again, modifying Friday and Saturday nights. I missed my miracle night on Friday – which was the most stressful day, due to my husband being sick. Stress gets in the way so easily. But otherwise good.
- Practice self-care from a massage, seeing my health coach, or therapist at least once a week.Unfortunately scheduling got mixed up and I didn’t get to have my massage as planned this week. But I did foam roll on Thursday and take a pure stretch class on Friday, so I feel like I met the spirit of this goal.
I was very on track with the gym this week and it feels great to be feeling fit and focused again!
- Do 3 cardio workouts a week – jogging at least 1 time and at Grit. I did 3 cardio workouts this week and 1 c25k Jog… right on goal!
- Do 3 strength workouts a week. I did 3 strength workous this week too.
- Do yoga or foam rolling 5 times a week.I did yoga Monday – Thursday morning, plus foam rolling on Thursday night. Plus I took a yoga class on Friday night, so a got in 1 extra 🙂
I did really well this week, for the most part. Weekends are always rougher, but overall I’m happy with my improvements.
- Reverse track (record what I plan to eat the night before) my food Monday – Friday at minimum.I reverse tracked Monday – Thursday. Friday fell apart due to my husband’s illness. But I did track what I ate that day, as it happened.
- Eat more veggies, fruits, and protein than treat foods each day. Even though Saturday and Sunday I ate not as well, I did make sure my healthy foods beat out the not-so-great.
- Get back to not drinking within 30 minutes before or after a meal. I feel like I might as well scrap this goal, because I keep forgetting about it…
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day. I did this everyday except Friday.
The big lesson from this week is that I do better taking care of myself when I’m not stressed. (duh!) and when the stress comes on, I start letting things slide. So I just need to be aware of that and focus on it when the stress begins to start impacting my choices.
For those that don’t know already, I try to check in each morning and each night on Instagram so be sure to follow me there. I’m @berlssc.