Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
This was an up and down week for me… but I’m proud to have made it through.
Emotional Health Goals
I feel like my emotional health has been okay this past week, but due to being tired, I didn’t meet all of my goals. So my emotional health goals:
- Do my miracle morning in some form everyday – even if it’s modified on the weekend. So I skipped on Saturday and Sunday… and then again Thursday and Friday, due to not enough sleep being super tired.
- Do my miracle night every night, again, modifying Friday and Saturday nights. Again I skipped this a lot this week. Being tired all I really wanted to do was sleep.
- Practice self-care from a massage, seeing my health coach, or therapist at least once a week Saw my nutritionist (health coach) and therapist this past week. Plus I feel like the decision to sleep was a form of self-care.
I feel like I did pretty good with fitness this week, despite being tired. My Fitness Goals:
- Do 3 cardio workouts a week – jogging at least 1 time and at Grit. I did 3 cardio workouts, and went for a Sunday I did my last C25k run (skipping 3 runs by accident!). Was super exciting to be able to run 30 minutes, no problem.
- Do 3 strength workouts a week. Did 3 this week! Yay!
- Do yoga or foam rolling 5 times a week. Nope. I did yoga Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Better than nothing though.
I feel like I’m up and down on my eating this past week. My January eating goals:
- Reverse track (record what I plan to eat the night before) my food Monday – Friday at minimum After meeting with my nutritionist, I started a new way of tracking. I like it, it’s simpler. And I did that everyday, starting Tuesday.
- Eat more veggies, fruits, and protein than treat foods each day Yes and no. I didn’t overdue it on the junk, for sure. But I also really wasn’t feeling the veggies this week.
- Get back to not drinking within 30 minutes before or after a meal
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day Umm… I just really didn’t track it well, but I think I did.
For those that don’t know already, I try to check in each morning and each night on Instagram so be sure to follow me there. I’m @berlssc. I didn’t do the best with it this past week, but hopefully I’ve gotten back on track this week.