Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
First Week of our New Normal
This was my first week back to work since Dante was born – and I started a new job. And Dante started Daycare. So we had lots of change happening all at once. Considering all that, I feel great about how I did this past week. I do think that this new job will be much better for my health overall.
Emotional Health Goals
Emotions were all over the place this week. On one hand, I was super excited about my new job, which I am loving so far. On the other hand, Dante going to Daycare was harder than I thought it would be. I think I kept telling myself I was ready because I had to be. And then Sunday it all slammed into me and I had a really good cry. Ultimately, I think I did a good job taking care of my emotional needs this week and it paid off.
Here are my goals and how I did this week:
- Do at least 2 pieces (out of 6) of my miracle morning every day! I did 5 pieces everyday, 6 pieces 3 days!
- Blog at least 3 times a week. Most the time, lunch is going to work for blogging, yay! This week I blogged Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Give myself quality time with Dante every day. This has been the hardest because he hasn’t been sleeping well at daycare, so he is so tired at home. In the mornings I get to talk to him a bit and we do our songs, but in the evening we just really have our bath time and a quick story. I feel like it’s what he needs, though, so I’m okay with it.
Fitness is going to be important now that I have a job that has me sitting behind a desk all day. I don’t think I realized how much I moved around teaching (or taking care of Dante)! But out of consideration for all the changes, I did also decide to take it easy on myself this month, with just two goals. Here’s how I did:
- Do Beach Body workout 3x a week. This week was just 3x. Monday I had to be to work early for first day, so I skipped the workout. And then Wednesday I was super tired and decided I needed the sleep more than I needed to workout.
- Take 1 walk (weather permitting) over the weekend. I took a walk with Dante on Sunday – a good hour long walk!
This is a whole new world for me! I have an hour for lunch. I have the ability to eat pretty much all day at my desk. And I’m at a university, so there’s restaurants all over. On top of that, they feed us constantly. So I’m going to have to be very mindful of my eating.
Here are the goals I set and how I did:
- Meal plan on Friday for the upcoming week & get everything prepped over the weekend. I did this and getting everything prepped really made the week run smooth.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. This went so well Monday – Friday. I’m getting in almost 40 oz in before I even leave in the morning. And then I have water in my car that I drink on the way to work and home, which gets me to 64 oz. Plus I work on my big 30 oz jug at my desk. So I’m finally kicking this goal’s butt!
- No more than 2 sodas a day. My job keeps a fridge stocked with sodas… so this goal just got harder. I’m only allowing myself a soda AFTER I drink my big jug of water one time, though. Meaning I don’t tend to drink the soda until late and I haven’t gone over the 2 sodas a day! Yay!