Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
November 10 – November 16
This week started off rough. My husband had Veteran’s Day off, but he was on call and got so many calls it was like he was working. Except I had planned on him being home, so it was actually harder than when he does work. And Dante was fussy this week. And the weather was cold. All those things came together to make this work tough at the start. It wasn’t until Thursday that things started to feel like they were on the upswing towards normal again.
Emotional Health Goals
I feel like I’m doing a lot better emotionally, in that I’m not struggling with postpartum. Yay! But the stress has set in and I still have to manage that. The stress this week has been about finding daycare for Dante that is both affordable and acceptable in terms of safety and care. It’s going to be so hard to leave him, but even harder if I don’t feel good about his day care arrangements. And I’m feeling the stress of figuring that out, not to mention I had to quit my job this week and that was stressful.
- Blog daily. I feel like I’ve started to slack on blogging. But I also think that really relates to my husband having been home. So hopefully, now that he’s back to work, I’ll get more consistent with my schedule.
- Sunday 11/10 – visited a couple blogs, but really didn’t do much
- Monday 11/11 – visited a lot of blogs, yay!
- Tuesday 11/12 – nothing, Dante was rough today
- Wednesday 11/13 -nothing, Dante was rough & it was my brother’s b-day
- Thursday 11/14 – wrote a post –
- Friday 11/15 – nothing –
- Saturday 11/16 -wrote a post –
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. Went to lunch with my mom and brother on Wednesday. Dante was with me, but I was still out of the house.
- Interact with the What to Expect When You’re Expecting Community 1 time a day. I think I may cancel this goal – not that it doesn’t help, but it comes so naturally, I don’t feel the need to track it. I get on at least once a day, easy.
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Go on 1 walk a day.
- Sunday 11/10 – One, 1 hour walk
- Monday 11/11 – weather was awful, no walk
- Tuesday 11/12 – another bad weather day, no walk
- Wednesday 11/13 – bad weather, no walk
- Thursday 11/14 – 15 minute walk
- Friday 11/15 – hour walk
- Saturday 11/16 – 15 minute walk
- Morning Meltdown 100 workout 5 times a week. So Dante has started sleeping better (yay!) which means when he wakes up, he’s ready to start his day. So no more waking up to feed him, put him back to sleep and workout. I figured out that wasn’t going to work anymore on Tuesday, so I’m going to start trying “practice runs” for work starting and getting up before Dante to workout.
- Sunday 11/10 – did workout #9 (weights based workout)
- Monday 11/11 – Needed an off day
- Tuesday 11/12 – Dante was too awake, didn’t manage a workout
- Wednesday 11/13 – Dante woke up 3 times in the night, and insisted on being held to sleep all morning. I was lucky to get a shower in.
- Thursday 11/14 – Yes! Dante woke at 5am, was asleep by 5:30 and I got in Workout #10!
- Friday 11/15 – Got in workout #11
- Saturday 11/16 – Dante woke at 3:30, so I opted to sleep and skipped the workout
- Get to bed by 10 p.m. Side effect of stress is exhaustion and sleeping well, but getting to bed late! I’m thinking I’m so tired, I need to start trying for bed more like 9, not 10.
- Sunday 11/10- Brother and Zach were over for dinner, stayed late for Phil’s birthday, so didn’t get to bed until like 11pm.
- Monday 11/11 – Yes, I was so tired after the stress of the day! I was in bed by 10, asleep before 10:30!
- Tuesday 11/12 – No, more like 11:30.
- Wednesday 11/13 – Got to bed around 10:30.
- Thursday 11/14 – Not until 11:30 :/
- Friday 11/15 – 10:15… close
- Saturday 11/16 – 10:30.
Here’s how I did.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. I started the week off really struggling with this, and it got worse as the week progressed.
- Sunday 11/10 – 56 oz. Close.
- Monday 11/11 – no idea. didn’t track, but I don’t think it was much. I was too stressed to really take care of myself :/
- Tuesday 11/12- I may not have had any water honestly. It was a BAD day.
- Wednesday 11/13 – didn’t track, probably got in about 8 oz.
- Thursday 11/14 – didn’t track
- Friday 11/15 – 48 oz. Better
- Saturday 11/16 – didn’t track again…
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. Ugh, I really haven’t been doing so good eating veggies lately.
- Sunday 11/10 – 1 serving with dinner
- Monday 11/11 – 1 serving at dinner
- Tuesday 11/12 – 1 serving at lunch, 1 serving at dinner
- Wednesday 11/13 – 1 serving at dinner
- Thursday 11/14 – 1 serving at dinner
- Friday 11/15 – 1 serving at dinner
- Saturday 11/16 – none…
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday by Friday night. Done.
- Drink no more than 1 soda a day. Going to re-break the soda habit!
- Sunday 11/10 – 1 Sprite
- Monday 11/11 – 1 Coke
- Tuesday 11/12 – 1 Coke
- Wednesday 11/13 – UGH. I was so exhausted and stressed, I didn’t manage my coke consumption at all. 2 at lunch, 1 at dinner.
- Thursday 11/14 – 2 sodas.
- Friday 11/15 – 2 sodas.
- Saturday 11/16 – 1 ginger ale.
- Make a plan with nutritionist for easy, healthy snacking.
- Met with nutritionist and I’m working on keeping dinners healthy and getting husband to stop complaining about healthy food.
- Agreed to keep snacking simple and easy to manage. Doing carrot sticks and apples before allowing less-healthy snack alternatives.
I’ve been slacking with Instagram again, but I’m hoping to get back to it. If you want to follow me there, I’m @berlssc.