Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for August 22 – 28
I set 6 goals at the start of the month that I’m focused on right now. Here’s how I’m doing:
- Lose 8 lbs. I’ll see at the end of the month. I’m not weighing during the month but I think that will change next month. I think I will weigh every Friday so I can see my week-to-week progress.
- Keep doing 10 minute workouts at least 4x per week. I did two 10 minute, one 20 minute, one 30 minute, and one 45 minute workout! So I exceeded my goal.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I only got in three 30 minute walks this week. But I did get in a three 20 minute walks, so pretty close.
- Only 1 soda Saturday OR Sunday. I only did sips of Kiko’s soda! Yay! I feel like I have finally conquered this one.
- Only eat meals at a level 3. Cut this goal, it doesn’t work for me & backfires.
- Do 10:5:10 while eating meals. I stopped tracking this over the week, but I have continued to eat my meals super slowly because I’m always busy while eating.
Overall I feel like I’ve hit a good stride and I’m really hoping the scale will show it at the end of the month (and that I can keep it up, since I’m not dieting, but finding sustainable changes).
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 9/11: Update for 8/29 – 9/4
- Friday 9/18: Update for 9/5 – 9/11
- Friday 9/25: Update for 9/12 – 9/18
- Friday 10/2: Update for 9/19 – 9/25 & Goals for October!
- Friday 10/9: Update for 9/26 – 10/2