Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
October 27 – November 2
Since my goals got an update with November, this update is two part. October and November.
Emotional Health Goals
I’m in a much better place emotionally than I was at the start of October. I know I have to keep working to maintain that, though, so this will continue to be a focus.
Here are my October & November goals and how I did:
- Start back on a Miracle Morning routine. I seem to have found my stride with this. I don’t think it needs to be a goal anymore, we’ll see about adding it in as a goal again if I seem to struggle.
- Sunday 10/27 – Done.
- Monday 10/28 – Done.
- Tuesday 10/29 – Done.
- Wednesday 10/30 – Done
- Thursday 10/31 – Done
- Blog daily. This is something I want to make sure I keep doing and sometimes only seeing it on my to do list gets it done, so I’m going to keep it as a goal for November. We were pretty busy Wednesday – Friday this week and my blogging fell off. So I need to figure out how to re-prioritize it on busy days.
- Sunday 10/27 – visited blogs – but not as many as I would have liked.
- Monday 10/28 – visited blogs & updated a post.
- Tuesday 10/29 – visited blogs and wrote a post.
- Wednesday 10/30 – none :/
- Thursday 10/31 – none :/
- Friday 11/1 – none :/
- Saturday 11/2 – wrote post
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. I’m keeping this goal, as it’s really hard to make happen and pretty important.
- Sunday 10/27 – went to Buns & Roses (author charity event). Was out of the house from 1:30 to almost 6! It was a good day 🙂
- Wednesday 10/30 – Dr’s appointment & wax. Not exciting, but I was gone for like 3 hours.
- Friday 11/1 – My husband surprised me with babysitters and we went out to dinner!
- ***New Goal for November*** Interact with the What to Expect When You’re Expecting Community 1 time a day.
- Friday 11/1 – Yep!
- Saturday 11/2 – Yep!
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Do some yoga every week. Didn’t do it, so I’m glad I’ve removed this goal for November. I just only have so much time and yoga isn’t calling to me right now.
- Go on 1 walk a day. I’m updating this goal since I had my 6 week postpartum appointment on Wednesday and got clearance to do more exercise. I would like to start jogging but I don’t want to run with Dante until our pediatrician says it safe. There’s a lot debate about when it’s safe on the internet, so I’ll just wait for the official word.
- Sunday 10/27 – One, 1 hour walk
- Monday 10/28 – One, 1 hour walk. Got rained out of the afternoon walk.
- Tuesday 10/29 – One 15 minute walk. The weather was not on our side today. Cold and rainy.
- Wednesday 10/30 – Got rained out.
- Thursday 10/31 – One 15 minute walk.
- Friday 11/1 – One 1 hour walk.
- Saturday 11/2 – No walks but we do go out shopping so sort of.
- ***New Goal for November*** is to do Morning Meltdown 100 workout 5 times a week.
- Friday 11/1 – did workout #1
- Saturday 11/2 – did workout #2 (had to go buy weights, but totally worth it
- ***New Goal for November*** Get to bed by 10 p.m.
- Friday 11/1 – went to bed at 11 p.m. because of surprise dinner out. I’m okay with that.
- Saturday 11/2 – Yep!
Here’s how I did.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. This continues to be a struggle, so I’m going to keep tracking it in November.
- Sunday 10/27 – 64 oz
- Monday 10/28 – 48 oz. Ugh.
- Tuesday 10/29 – 64 oz.
- Wednesday 10/30 – 48 oz.
- Thursday 10/31 – 64 oz
- Friday 11/1 – 48 oz… I see a pattern building and it’s not a good one.
- Saturday 11/2 – 48 oz.
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. Still not doing great at this, but working on it, so it will also continue in November.
- Sunday 10/27 – 1 serving lunch only.
- Monday 10/28 – 1 serving at lunch, 2 servings in dinner, plus carrot stick snack. Woohoo!
- Tuesday 10/29 – 0 servings. oops.
- Wednesday 10/30 – 0 servings.
- Thursday 10/31 – 1 serving at lunch.
- Friday 11/1 – 1 serving at lunch, 1 serving at dinner.
- Saturday 11/2 – 1 serving at lunch.
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday by Friday night. Done.
- ***New Goal for November*** Drink no more than 1 soda a day. Going to re-break the soda habit!
- Friday 11/1 – 1 soda
- Saturday 11/2 – 1 soda
- ***New Goal for November*** Make a plan with nutritionist for easy, healthy snacking.
- First step – I scheduled an appointment with my nutritionist for Monday 11/11 at 2:30 p.m.
I’ve gotten back to posting semi-regularly on Instagram. If you want to follow me more closely, I’m @berlssc.