Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for August 15 – 21, 2020
I set 6 goals at the start of the month that I’m focused on right now. Here’s how I’m doing:
- Lose 8 lbs. I’ll see at the end of the month. I’m not weighing during the month because I don’t handle the scale well.
- Keep doing 10 minute workouts at least 4x per week. I did 6 workouts this week! Woot! 4 of them were 10 minutes, 1 was 15 minutes and 1 was 45 minutes. The 45 minutes was on Saturday and Dante got inpatient, so I did some of my step aerobics holding him. Extra weight lol! I rejoined my gym that I loved pre-Dante. They had a virtual special and have really adapted to COVID by providing a great online platform, complete with stored workouts ranging from 10 minutes to 1 hour and live streaming workouts. I did 4 stored workouts and my Saturday workout was a live stream. I already feel more motivated, being tapped back into that community for my workouts.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I got in 6 walks this week. And I’ve started tracking them on an app to keep my pace and push myself to move faster.
- Only 1 soda Saturday OR Sunday. I backslid on this goal a bit. I had 1 soda on Saturday, 2 on Sunday, half of one on Thursday and a couple sips on Friday. Ugh! Soda is clearly a weakness I need to keep working on.
- Only eat meals at a level 3. Cut this goal, it doesn’t work for me & backfires.
- Do 10:5:10 while eating meals. I did this all week! I didn’t necessarily time as I was eating, but the spirit of the goal is to eat for 25 minutes very slowly and I did that, for sure.
I finished my 10 day emotional eating challenge this week. I didn’t do so great on the back half, but I’m still really glad I participated. My follow through on activities kind of fell apart with the weekend, but I know that I learned to be a lot more mindful of whether I’m eating because of hunger or emotions. And that’s a real victory for me, because I’ve really struggled to identify my hunger signals for years.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Thursday 9/3: Goals for September!
- Friday 9/4: Update for 8/22 – 8/28
- Friday 9/11: Update for 8/29 – 9/4
- Friday 9/18: Update for 9/5 – 9/11
- Friday 9/25: Update for 9/12 – 9/18
- Friday 10/2: Update for 9/19 – 9/25 & Goals for October!