Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for September 26 – 30
Here are my goals for September and how I finished the month.
- Lose 5 lbs. I ended the month down 0.2 lbs. So basically no change. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for months and I’m so tired of it.
- Do 10 live and 5 of my choice classes at Grit. I finished the month with 5 choice and 11 live classes. Yay!
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I walked Buffy every day!
- Only sips of soda. I drank half of Kiko’s soda 1 day, and the rest sips. Not ideal, but much better than when I was drinking a soda a day.
- Only 1 ice cream or glass of wine (or treat) per day. I suck. Period.
Update for October 1 – 2
I have set 5 goals for the month.
- Get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (ongoing goal – not just for the month). As mentioned above, I’m just yo-yo-ing between the same 5 lbs.
- Begin C25k again, doing either C25k or 30 minute walk 5 times per week. I walked on the 1st.
- Switch my treats to healthier versions and limit to 1 per day, with an extra glass of wine 3 times per week. I’m pretty frustrated with myself. My notes say “bad!”… new month and I didn’t even begin to get my shit together.
- Get in 2 hours a week minimum of virtual exercise classes. I’ll start this goal next week, since it’s only 2 days.
- Drink between 64 oz and 1 Gallon of water a day. I drank at least 64 oz every day.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 10/16: Update for 10/3 – 10/9
- Friday 10/23: Update for 10/10 – 10/16
- Friday 10/30: Update for 10/17 – 10/23 & Goals for November
- Friday 11/6: Update for 10/24 – 10/30
- Friday 11/13: Update for 10/31 – 11/6