Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
November 17 – 23
I started the week just so exhausted, trying to find a way to get enough sleep and get into my work schedule. In two weeks I’ll be at work, so I need to get a rhythm down. And by the end of the week, I think I started too. I’m learning to use my weekends as real weekends, not business as usual – so sleeping in (as much as possible with a 2 month old baby) and relaxing a bit.
Emotional Health Goals
- Blog daily. Somehow blogging got away from me at the end of the week. I honestly think keeping up with the blog will be easier once I go back to work, with my long lunch break.
- Sunday 11/17 – visited and worked on posts
- Monday 11/18 – wrote a post, worked on Secret Santa for COYER group
- Tuesday 11/19 – edited post, wrote a post, worked on Secret Santa for COYER group
- Wednesday 11/20 – None
- Thursday 11/21 – None
- Friday 11/22 – None
- Saturday – 11/23 – Wrote Sunday Post
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. I went to book club – Dante in tow – but still I got to go which was nice. And then Saturday I went to the gym for the first time since Dante was born and it was GREAT!
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Go on 1 walk a day. The weather has really made this hard.
- Sunday 11/17 – one 15 minute walk
- Monday 11/18 – one 1 hour walk
- Tuesday 11/19 – One 15 minute walk
- Wednesday 11/20 – One 1 hour walk
- Thursday 11/21 – one 15 minute walk
- Friday 11/22 – one 15 minute walk
- Morning Meltdown 100 workout 5 times a week. Still trying to find our morning routine ritual and make sure that it allows me my daily workout.
- Sunday 11/17 -did workout #12 upper body weights
- Monday 11/18 – did workout #13 core
- Tuesday 11/19 – did workout #14 total body weights
- Wednesday 11/20 – Decided I needed sleep more than I needed to workout.
- Thursday 11/21 – Realized I’m not feeling the Morning Meltdown, so tried Country Heat. It was way too easy. Would have been good back when I was starting to workout I think.
- Friday 11/22 – Tried Transform :20 and I think it’s the one for me! I love that it’s just 20 minutes, my time is way more of a premium right now than it used to be. And It’s still fairly challenging.
- Get to bed by
10 p.m.9 p.m. Need more sleep so I edited this goal. It’s really challenging to get in bed this early with everything I need to done though.
- Sunday 11/17 – 9:05 p.m.
- Monday 11/18 – 9:10 p.m.
- Tuesday 11/19 – 9:15 p.m. (asleep by 9:38)
- Wednesday 11/20 – 9:15 p.m. (this seems to be the golden time, as I get everything done and still sleep by about 9:30/9:45)
- Thursday 11/21 – 9:00 p.m. (asleep by 9:21!)
- Friday 11/22 – 10 p.m. … but it’s the weekend so I’m good with that.
- Saturday 11/23 -10:30 p.m. Stayed up watching a movie and it was worth it! With the weekend, I sleep until Dante wakes up, which seems to be about 6:30 (Yay!) so I still got enough sleep.
I feel like last week was not good, so I’m trying to really refocus this week. Water is probably the area I really need to focus on most. I feel like it will help the soda goal too.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. Ugh! I’m really struggling with my water intake. Hopefully it will improve when I’m sitting at a desk all day. I have an app that reminds me to drink all day, but I ignore it when I’m not near water and am busy with Dante. So that will change, hopefully for the better, at work.
- Sunday 11/17 – 24 oz.
- Monday 11/18 – 24 oz.
- Tuesday 11/19 – 23 oz
- Wednesday 11/20 – 48 oz – Better!
- Thursday 11/21 – 48 oz – okay, now let’s get in that final 16 oz!
- Friday 11/22 – 24 oz… wrong direction
- Saturday 11/23 – 16 oz. Really?!
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. Ugh, I really haven’t been doing so good eating veggies lately. Doing a bit better this week.
- Sunday 11/17 – 1 serving with lunch
- Monday 11/18 – 2 (maybe 3) servings at dinner, 1 serving at lunch
- Tuesday 11/19 – 1 serving with lunch
- Wednesday 11/20 – 1 serving with lunch
- Thursday 11/21 – 1 serving at dinner
- Friday 11/22 – 1 serving at lunch
- Saturday 11/23 – Salad with dinner – 2 servings
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday by Friday night. Done!
- Drink no more than 1 soda a day. Going to re-break the soda habit! But apparently not this week 🙁
- Sunday 11/17 – 1 Coke, 1 Sprite… ugh!
- Monday 11/18 – 1 Coke
- Tuesday 11/19 – 1 Coke
- Wednesday 11/20 – 2 cokes
- Thursday 11/21- 2 cokes
- Friday 11/22 – 1 coke
- Saturday 11/23 – 1 root beer
- Make a plan with nutritionist for easy, healthy snacking.
- Met with nutritionist and I’m working on keeping dinners healthy and getting husband to stop complaining about healthy food.
- Agreed to keep snacking simple and easy to manage. Doing carrot sticks and apples before allowing less-healthy snack alternatives.