Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for October 17 – 23
I have set 5 goals for the month.
- Get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (ongoing goal – not just for the month). I ended the week down from where I started the month, but I’ve begun moving in the wrong direction again. I’m beginning to think that I just gain when on birth control 🙁
- Begin C25k again, doing either C25k or 30 minute walk 5 times per week. I walked 4 times this week.
- Switch my treats to healthier versions and limit to 1 per day, with an extra glass of wine 3 times per week. I actually did pretty good with this one this week. I only went over my 1 healthy treat 1 day. The other days I was on target.
- Get in 2 hours a week minimum of virtual exercise classes. I got to 1 hour 15 minutes. I really thought 2 hours was going to be easier than it’s been.
- Drink between 64 oz and 1 Gallon of water a day. I sucked on my water Saturday and Sunday, but back on track the rest of the week.
Goals for November
Most my goals are going to continue.
- Get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I’m doing an experiment right now and skipping the new birth control pills. I lost as soon as got my IUD out and started gaining when I resumed pills. So if it’s the pills, they gotta go!
- 30 minute walks 5 times per week. I’m not in the running mood and I’ve been taking Dante with me on my walks, so I’m okay with just walking. He’s extra weight to push!
- 1 healthy treat per day, wine 3 times a week max. Going to keep going with this goal – I know I can do it!
- Get in 2 hours a week of virtual exercise classes. I thought this would be easier, but I’m going to keep pushing towards it. I think it’s a good goal.
- Drink at least 64 oz daily – and be “on schedule” before eating. I have a water bottle that tells me where I should be with my water consumption every 2 hours. I find that I do really good with my eating & water drinking if I make sure I stay on track with it.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 11/6: Update for 10/24 – 10/31
- Friday 11/13: Update for 11/1 – 11/6
- Friday 11/20: Update for 11/7 – 11/13
- Friday 11/27: Update for 11/14 – 11/20
- Friday 12/4: Update for 11/21 – 27 & December Goals