Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
November 24 – 30
This week has gone by in a blur! It’s my last week before Dante goes to daycare and I go to work… so I’ve been pretty focused on getting ready for that. Plus, my husband was off Wednesday – Sunday, which throws off our rhythm a bit. And then we had Thanksgiving. All in all, I think it’s been a good week though.
Emotional Health Goals
- Blog daily. I had days where I was really good about blogging and others that I didn’t get to it at all… but I didn’t keep track like I normally do. I think, for the week it was, I did well.
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. I visited a friend on Monday, with Dante. She has two kids – a 6 year old and a 1 year old and they were actually celebrating their birthdays so I went to celebrate on our own instead of at the parties which would be full of germs a little too early for Dante! Had a great time and was proud of myself for being able to take him out for so long (5 hours) on my own!
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Go on 1 walk a day. The weather has really made this hard again. We made it on a couple short walks, but not regularly this week at all.
- Morning Meltdown 100 workout 5 times a week. I switched to a different Beach Body routine and I did it Monday – Wednesday. I decided to enjoy the holiday weekend by sleeping in a bit, especially since it’s my last chance for a little while. Of course, by sleeping in, I mean 6:30 a.m., when Dante woke up.
- Get to bed by
10 p.m.9 p.m. Need more sleep so I edited this goal. It’s really challenging to get in bed this early with everything I need to done… I seem to be getting to bed by about 9:15 and it’s working out. I think if I keep my goal 9 p.m. I’ll get to bed in time to get a good night’s sleep.
I didn’t really feel like eating this week. Too many emotions about it being the last week before starting a new job and dropping Dante at Daycare? On the plus, it’s the first year I can honestly say I did NOT overeat even slightly on Thanksgiving! Yay!
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. Okay this goal has to carry over to next month for sure. I have days where I get to about 48 oz, others where I’m not sure I drank even 8 oz :/! I figured out though that if I make my water before bed for the next day into 3 cups I do much better. So I’ve added that to my nighttime routine.
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. I didn’t do this or track it… but I also didn’t really eat much this week in general.
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday by Friday night. Done! I really thought about every meal more than I have in a while, now that I’m going back to work.
- Drink no more than 1 soda a day. I think I need to ammend this goal to drink no more than 2 sodas a day to start. Y’all I really let myself get re-addicted :(. It’s okay, I’ll get there.
- Make a plan with nutritionist for easy, healthy snacking.
- Met with nutritionist and I’m working on keeping dinners healthy and getting husband to stop complaining about healthy food.
- Agreed to keep snacking simple and easy to manage. Doing carrot sticks and apples before allowing less-healthy snack alternatives.