Published by Stripes on August 1st 2011
Genres: Friendship, Humor, Middle Grade, Monsters
In the maze-like dungeons of Castle Grotteskew, the frightfully insane Professor Erasmus conducts his bizarre experiments on living things. His very first creation has been long forgotten - a small, almost-human creature, known only as Stitch Head. Poor Stitch Head has spent years vying for attention amongst a menagerie of freakish monsters. When a travelling circus ringmaster, Fulbert Freakfinder, promises to make him a star, Stitch Head wonders whether there is another life for him. But first he has to catch the professor's latest creation - a monstrous three-armed creature that's just smashed its way to freedom . . .
- The cover is just the cutest. Stitch Head looks like such a sad little guy.
- The illustrations inside are gorgeous! They are on every page and sometimes take up a full spread with text over the top. They add so much to the story.
- Since this was a hard cover I loved the feel of it, so smooth and the pages a nice weight. It was fun to read as a book rather than on a kindle
Stitch Head was created by a Mad Professor who promised they would be friends forever but when the professor forgets about him and years past, Stitch Head chooses to be alone and help the other creations the professor makes.
A carnival guy comes to town looking for unique and scary monsters, things get crazy for Stitch Head and it’s up to him and his new friends to stop the bad guy from taking his professor.
- Really cute story and very funny. It has a few sad moments and Stitch Head is feeling very forgettable. The story has a great flow and I found myself really loving everything about it.
- Stitch Head: He is just super cute but really sad, I felt for him. I would never forget such a great little guy.
- “Creature”: Hilarious! I adored him.
- Arabella: She could probable kick my butt, I loved how hardcore she was, very angry but lovable
- The Professor: Kind of in the background and definitely a mad man.
- Fulbert Freakfinder: I will let you judge him for yourself.
- This is a great book for all ages. I enjoyed it a lot and hope my kids will want to read it.
- This is a series I plan to continue with and can’t wait to read the next book.
- Highly recommend if you are looking for a really fun, quick read with lots of funny moments and beautiful illustrations.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my review
Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!