I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on October 16th 2016
Genres: 18+, Love & Romance, New Adult, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Sexual Content
"Passion, pleasure, and princely responsibilities make this sexy fairy tale a real page turner." —Audrey Carlan, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Calendar Girl
Nicholas Arthur Frederick Edward Pembrook, Crowned Prince of Wessco, aka “His Royal Hotness,” is wickedly charming, devastatingly handsome, and unabashedly arrogant―hard not to be when people are constantly bowing down to you.
Then, one snowy night in Manhattan, the prince meets a dark haired beauty who doesn’t bow down. Instead, she throws a pie in his face.
Nicholas wants to find out if she tastes as good as her pie, and this heir apparent is used to getting what he wants.
Dating a prince isn’t what waitress Olivia Hammond ever imagined it would be. There’s a disapproving queen, a wildly inappropriate spare heir, relentless paparazzi, and brutal public scrutiny. While they’ve traded in horse drawn carriages for Rolls Royces and haven’t chopped anyone’s head off lately―the royals are far from accepting of this commoner.
But to Olivia―Nicholas is worth it.
Nicholas grew up with the whole world watching, and now Marriage Watch is in full force. In the end, Nicholas has to decide who he is and, more importantly, who he wants to be: a King... or the man who gets to love Olivia forever.
Not going to lie the cover looks like Scott Eastwood and he’s hot plus the story was about a prince. Felt like Scott Eastwood as a prince is a very hot thought so I had to get it. Plus I like those cinderella type stories however I felt we might have heard of this one before.
What I liked and didn’t like:
- Olivia was super cute. I actually really liked her.
- Nicholas was an asshole but he was a cute asshole. He was a bit forceful and controlling but I think the end made me like him a lot better
- The story was cute however it reminded me of a real life royal couple. I almost felt the story could have been them.
- Lots of sexy, it was very steamy.
- I liked the secondary characters, Olivias sister and friend and Nicholas’s friends and his brother. (like a real life princes brother)
- I actually liked the grandmother. She was sassy, might have wanted to see a little more of her.
- I would for sure read more of this series. I think it has a lot of fun moments and I enjoyed the dual POV.
Overall I thought it was super cute and I loved the characters. I found all the secondary characters so much fun and I am hoping one of the books in the series will be about the brother, Henry. I highly recommend for a fun quick read about a handsome prince who meets his cinderella! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!