News at Home: Back to School Kinder Teacher Tired
Y’all I’m tired. Exhausted. I’m back to school Kinder Teacher Tired. I miss my fully trained kids! Overall I had a good week, but this group is going to be work. I don’t THINK I’m going to have any really BAD behaviors (knocking on some serious wood here), but we have a startling lack of common sense this year. They just don’t get IT.
I could go on and on about our adventures this week, but here’s some highlights:
- I have a student who has not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES left the restroom with his pants down. Anatomy 101 kids! LOL
- Glue did not go well. Despite explicit instruction and demonstration, glue got pretty much everywhere. And we were using glue sticks!
- We’d spend 3-5 minutes getting the line just right and then turn a corner just to have kids wandering the full expanse of the hallway again. *pounds head on wall*
- In previous years, when kids tried to get my attention by shouting my name, following me around tapping me on the arm, and other means BESIDES raising their hand and I ignored them, they would quickly get the point, go sit down and raise their hand. Not this year. I had a girl follow me around saying “Mrs. Carmona!” for a solid 5 minutes.
Like I said there was plenty more – we can’t sit at the carpet right, we can’t sit at our tables right, we can’t color, we talk WAY TOO MUCH, and yeah… it was work. We’re going to be a while before we’re ready to learn anything except how to be in school. Next week we have to go to the computer lab… where most of them will probably encounter mice for the first time. *pounds head on desk*
I had only one BAD moment this week and it was entirely not my fault and ended very well. Thank god! At dismissal we all have duties, and mine was not with my class. So I had to leave 2 kinder teachers to watch the dismissal of 4 kinder classes. In October that will be fine. In August – when our 5 year-olds look like they’re walking around with their head cut off – it’s a lot to manage. Anyway, I’m off doing my duty and I hear over the radio, “Does anyone have eyes on Carmona’s [student name]?” It makes me nervous, but I’m sure he’s just not hearing his name being called. Then someone shows up and tells me I’m needed with my class because they can’t find my student. They want me to go talk to mom and I’m like, “uh, I don’t know where he went, I wasn’t THERE. When I left he was sitting in line!” To add to my freak out, this is the student in my class that has Leukemia (yes, I know, breaks my freaking heart). Y’all I was running around that school calling his name, as were a dozen other teachers. Thankfully, he had just heard his daycare called and got in line, even though he knew and the daycare knew he wasn’t going there this week.
So he was safe, and mom was unbelievably down to earth about the whole thing – she never got angry and when I emailed her letting her know that I had made arrangements to have someone cover my duty because I was going to be with my class here on out (which I TOLD my principal, didn’t ask) she replied that she appreciated me taking it so seriously and at least we knew he’d have no trouble riding the daycare bus. LOL! She has a sense of humor about it! Wow! Major relief y’all.
Anyway I’m so tired from this week and spent Saturday doing absolutely nothing. Watched 2 Harry Potter movies, read a little, NEVER got dressed. Great day. 🙂
Gah, I have let myself slip behind! I mean, I still have most of September written, but I’m no longer barreling ahead like I was. Hoping to get back on track this week!
This week I started eating a few more mushy foods. I’ve been very gradually adding things in, as I don’t want to upset my system and not know what the cause was. So far, I’ve done canned chicken with avocado, canned chicken with applesauce, ground turkey with avocado, ground turkey with applesauce, ground turkey with laughing cow cheese, and poached egg.
I only had one miss-step – I either didn’t chew well enough (I’m supposed to chew like 25-30 times for each nickel size bite) or took my bites too close together- because all of a sudden I felt “clogged” I guess, for lack of a better word. It wasn’t in my stomach, but higher. I kept trying to burp and finally a burp kind of lead to a foamy vomit – sorry gross I know – and then I felt great. And I’ve felt fine since, so I just have to be really diligent on the chewing/spacing out bites.
I still am not back to an exercise routine – haven’t been cleared yet. But work is LIKE exercise. I’ve been pretty sore – but not from surgery, just from being on my feet so non-stop. I’m hoping I’ll adjust soon. As far as surgery pain, it’s just been that same area, and only if I bend too far, which I’m doing pretty good avoiding.
I have my 4 weeks out (I can’t believe it’s already 4 weeks!) appointment on Tuesday, so hopefully everything will be good there. I’m down 26 pounds, which averages out to about 1 pound a day, so I can’t complain. It kinda sucked not being able to have wine the first week of school though!
Last Week on the Blog
- [28 Aug] These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly ★★★★
- [28 Aug] Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry ★★★★
- [28 Aug] Fall of Night by Jonathan Maberry
- [28 Aug] Don't Tempt Me by Lori Foster ★★★★½
- [30 Aug] #bingewatchersclub ~ Stuck in Bed, no problem, thank god for Netflix
- [1 Sep] Monthly Book Report ~ Just a quick update!
- [2 Sep] Berls’s TBR List | September 2017 Choices
- [2 Sep] My To-Be Read List September Vote ~ Shelf Books
- [3 Sep] Sunday Post with Berls | Back to School Kinder Teacher Tired
Coming Next Week From Me
Sunday Post with Berls
Just a Few DNFs I THOUGHT I’d love
#TTT – Books I struggled with but finished
#BBB – Accessibility on your Blog
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. This meme started with J Kaye’s Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!
I just finished…
I’m still listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Love!) and then I’m reading Written in Red still. So good!