Off the Blog:
Ok so I dropped off the planet again and am way behind but I am going to vaguely tell you why in a moment. If you figure out what I am saying, great, if not, I don’t plan to go into any more detail then what is written in this post. So you will know or have an idea why I have not been around the last few months. It’s almost like Berls has taken over Because Reading but that is not the case, I just needed time to make some changes.
Vague Explanation….For 7 years things have been a struggle, no matter what I did or how I did it I couldn’t “fix” it. The last 2 months of the year pretty much set us on a path that I wasn’t willing to do but now think it will help me better mentally and physically. My husband and I are fine, so it’s not about that. We are accepting that we can’t live how we are at the moment and taking steps to start over. So on Thursday we set into motion a way to get out of a hole we are in and start new. This has been very hard for me, but it’s something I need to get over since my OCD and Stress are at an unhealthy level. Limabean Designs is doing ok it wont be affected but it’s not close to where I want it to be due to the set back I mentioned above. I have ideas so I hope to have those up very soon. 🙂 I am happy that Berls is with me at Because Reading and after Thursday I am feeling a little bit better and think I can focus better but it might take a few months before I can finally breath again. Again, I apologize this is oddly vague but it’s the only way I can explain it without going into too much detail. 🙂
Back to the normal stuff…..I don’t have a quiet room in my house. So I usually sit in the kitchen to do all my blogging, design and other computer stuff. It sort of comfortable but it’s sort of not. The other day, I found a nice spot in the living room to sit but I hated my lap desk since it makes me hunch over but the spot is very cozy. When I was little my mom had a small folding lap table that I used to love, it has the Smurfs on it. I needed something similar and thought maybe I can make it….ya, I don’t have time for that so instead I found one on amazon and I love it. It works perfect and I plan to get one for both my kids to use as a desk for their laptop in their rooms.
I like to sit on the floor better than on a chair or the couch plus my snuggle buddy Dexter can sit next to me and we can give each other love when we need it. 🙂
Blogging News and Updates:
I haven’t done a gosh darn thing….Again thank goodness for Berls, however, this weekend I have been doing a lot of organizing and started writing reviews for books I just haven’t gotten around to reviewing yet. I was going to do a year end stat post but realized…I didn’t really keep track like I wanted to so this year I am keeping track and will do an end of year Stat for 2018. Wish me luck! lol
You still have time to sign up for….
- Bookish Resolutions! It’s back to basics and we are making it a simple reading/blogging challenge! Lets get those resolutions completed this year…together!
- Give that Author you have always wanted to read some LOVE! Sign up for the AuthorLuv challenge!
- COYER HAS STARTED! But you still have time to Sign Up!
- Time to get those Reading Assignments listed. Join us for the 2018 Reading Assignment Challenge! We made it a little easier this time around. You still have plenty of time to sigh up!
- I will be helping out with BLOGGIESTA the first challenge of the year is Jan 20-21. It’s a fun challenge to help you get organized and get some of those tasks done on your blog.
- Can you read a series in a Month will be back in April!
Last Week on the Blog:
- [8 Jan] Just a Few Books I hardly remember it’s been so long…
- [8 Jan] Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Marked by an Assassin by Felicity Heaton ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Things Good Girls Don't Do by Codi Gary ★★★★
- [9 Jan] Wild Wicked Scot by Julia London ★★★★
- [10 Jan] Bubbly Berls is Babbling about: Miracle Morning
- [10 Jan] The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod ★★★★★
- [11 Jan] Grilled Cheese and Dragons #1 by Nancy Krulik, Ben Balistreri ★★★★
- [13 Jan] My TBR List Pick for January 2018
- [13 Jan] My To-Be Read List Jan Winner! Thanks for Voting!
- [14 Jan] Sunday Post with Berls | So Stressed!
- [14 Jan] Making sure this year is the best year ever! ~ WIR & SP
What you might see this week:
- No idea, once again let’s be surprised together. I’m sure Berls has got it covered! 🙂
- Binge Watchers ~ The List
Bookish News and What I grabbed
Soooooooo…..I might have gotten more than I planned. 🙂 And I am currently loving the book I am reading. Slow start to the year but soon I will be in a much better place!!
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!