Top ten things that will make me instantly NOT want to read a book.
I have a few major no no’s and a few that are just not my type of read.
- Biography – I just don’t like them, however if I do read something that is biography it might be something of great interest or something from long ago but mostly I want read it.
- Non-Fiction – Real life stuff bores me, I have enough real life in my real life, I don’t need to read about it too.
- YA Social Issues – I honestly don’t know what this bothers me so much but I can’t read it. At this point in my life I really want to read about things that are as far away from real life as possible
- Animal Death – NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!!!!
- Time Travel – I am hit or miss with this, somethings it works and most of the time it doesn’t. I seem to do better with MG Time Travel than adult or SciFi time travel. I am more hesitant to read a book if the description says Time Travel.
- Heavy Sci -Fi – I love watching Sci-fi shows but when it comes to reading it, I can’t process what they are talking about. I get flustered and just can’t read it. So Heavy Sci-Fi books are not my thing but I can watch it on TV/Netflix or hours. 🙂
- Psychological Thriller – It totally messes me up, makes me panic. I can’t read stuff like that. However I do like to read about serial killers (I’m not sure how my brain works either, it’s a mystery)
- Kids dying – NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Just NO!
- Rape or Male possessiveness – Yes I lumped these to together, I HATE with all my being, HATE when I am reading a book and the guy is so possessive with the girl it’s borderline scary. Like she can’t even breath and all he want to do is plant his seed. That falls to me under the same idea as rape. Raping a person is also a form of wanting to possess someone and having something you want. That entire thing is just a huge NO for me. I am sure this is called something else that lumps all that stuff, Rape, Possession, Humiliation & Abuse together, I just can’t think of it. Have I read books with stuff like that in it? Yes but it’s not something that I will instantly pick up unless it is an author I know will do it with the right amount of couth. (if you don’t understand what I mean by that ask me, otherwise, I think you know what I mean)
- Books over 450 pages – I tend to steer clear of this, I love a good book but 450+ pages tells me there is a lot of words in that book that didn’t need to be there and it’s going to be a slow read. I am sure there are book out there that have over 450 pages and are super exciting from beginning to end, however I haven’t read one yet.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my top ten
What things will make me instantly NOT want to read a book?
Have a great day and Happy Reading!