Who doesn’t love a good horror movie but what about the cheesy ones. Remember the 80’s? Well I do and the best thing besides the music, the hair (good god what were we thinking) and the neon clothes (oh my god) was all the awesome B-horror movies the 80’s came out with. It was a weekend thing for me run to the video store (hahaha video store) grab a few viedos, grab a group of friends, popcorn and a horror movie marathon, best weekends ever. This was always so much fun and since halloween is tomorrow I figure why not tell you what horror movies I use to LOVE in the 80’s
My Top Ten Favorite 80’s Horror Movies
Clicking on the names of the movies will take you to IMDB.
10. Night of the Comet (1984) A comet hits the earth and pretty much wipes almost everyone out except these two 80’s chicks that spend most of their time in a Mall trying on clothes and listening to bad 80’s music. The scene takes a turn for the worst when they realize that some people turned into zombie like creatures and then the goverment gets involved and it’s just a really weird but great movie 🙂
9. Blood Diner (1897) It was like there was nothing else on the shelf at the video store to watch. This movie was awful but fantastic. Two brothers pretty much will make you part of the menu, ewww all while trying to awaken a goddess. It was a really weird movie but totally worth watching lol.
8. Critters (1986) Ok so the critters were kind of cute but they will eat your face off and your entire family cause they are evil little aliens. I honestly remember this movie being on TV quite a few times and it does has a few squeals. Wanna watch creepy cute aliens eat your friends? this is the movie for you!
7. Prom Night (1980) The queen of scream came back for another horror flick in Prom Night. Forget the remake this is the one two watch Jamie Lee does a great job in this movie, I love the twist at the end.
6. Creepshow (1982) The brilliant minds of George A.Romero and Stephen King bring five tales of terror. Each story as creepy as the last, love Stephen King playing the lonely Jory. To this day by far my favorite is the last story with Leslie Nelson and Ted Danson. Creepshow had a second version also but the 1st will always be my favorite.
5. April Fool’s Day (1986) This is one of those movies I can watch a million times and it always creeps me out. A group of friends go away to a Buffy’s House and they all pretty much die one by one. This one also has a nice twist at the end.
4. Troll (1986) This my friends is the original Harry Potter. Yes I said Harry Potter and he is played by Atreyu from Neverending story. I will never forget when Harry Potter came out I immediately thought of this movie. The Potter family lives in this apartment build that has really weird things in it, Trolls, Fairies and a Witch. Each aparttment holds a different type of world. This movie isn’t recommended for young kids but it is rated at PG-13 and is a fun movie to watch for teens. This movie also has a very young Julia Louis-Dreyfus and one of my favorite “little people” Phil Fondacaro, he was also in another one of my FAVORITE movies Willow.
3. The Gate (1987) I am not sure why this movie freaked me out when I first saw it. I also wasn’t a big fan of the dog dying either. Two boys accidentally release a horde of demons in their backyard while theirs parents are away. This book is both fantastic and weird, the record playing backwards and the demon that comes through the floor this is just a great movie to watch however it does say it’s rated PG-13 but Parental Guidance is STRONGLY suggested.
2. Killer Klowns from outer Space (1988) Sometimes I wonder why this isn’t my number one but then I realize that my number one still scared me and this movie is just the worst movie ever but it’s FANTASTIC. Killer Klowns from outer space is soooo stupid its wonderful. A bunch of killer klowns take residence in this town and they make people into Cotton Candy. They are aliens and they are weird looking but it’s just so stupid lol. I can’t even explain how dumb this movie is but how much I love it.
1. The Funhouse (1981) I think this movie still gets to me because I have this strange thing about circus people and backwoods weirdos they scare me. (if you are a backwoods weirdo and/or a circus person I am sorry for saying you scare me but you do) Four teenage friends spend the night in a carnival funhouse and are stalked by a deformed man in a Frankenstein mask. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was a creepy movie and this was directed by the same person so of course it would be a odd and unusual as that movie was. It’s one of those mind game movies that freak you out because no matter the scenario you would probably die. I actually have this movie on DVD and use to watch it every Halloween but it has been a while since I have done that. Might have to make a night in the near future to see if it really does still scare me.
Thanks for checking out my Top Ten Favorite 80’s Horror Movies.
Have a great day and a Safe and Happy Halloween!