Recapping 2018 and looking ahead to 2019
Feel free to join us!
out with the OLD: 2018
I’m not going to lie, this year was really hard for me. Halfway through I had basically given up on everything….design, blogging, reading…everything. I hit a rough spot in my life, it was no ones fault, just let everything (including my job) and everyone (negative people) get to me that I shouldn’t. Depression SUCKS, it can really ruin just about everything and now has consumed a year of my life but not anymore. For the last two months I have been “fixing” myself, trying to do things with no pressure and taking the time for myself. I am in a much better place right now and very proud of myself for being able to get myself better. Once in a while I still have minor set back but work through them easier than I did 6 months ago. I have been doing all the things I love and keeping myself busy. I have been setting schedules and following a plan, I seem to have an easier time with that. I also try to laugh more and stay out of the negative. Just because a day might not start positive doesn’t mean you can’t turn it into a positive. Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulder and move on.
Thank you to those that come visit me. I know my visiting has dropped and my followers are low and that is ok, I understand. Next year, I plan to work on getting back my followers and my life…let’s chat about next year.
in with the NEW: 2019
I love blogging and the book community. I love reading and sharing my thoughts. I might not be able to fill the blog like I used to but even 3 or 4 posts a week is perfect for me. Because Reading isn’t going anyplace I can promise you that.
Visiting is something I want to work on more, I miss seeing what you all are doing and what is going on in the book community. I also miss finding out what books you read, reading reviews and finding new reads. I am planning to do a visit back so if you comment, I will come to you to comment and hopefully I can get a pretty good routine going and will be able to expand that to just visiting like I used to. I MISS YOU ALL!!! 🙂 Now I just need to find a better way to visit you all on my phone because I would honestly rather do that then spend 3 hours on Facebook, however I have become rather fond of Twitter so I might start chatting there more. 🙂
This last year wasn’t all bad, we did get those two crazy kittens, my family is healthy and I know I am loved. I think I just tend to get myself a little overwhelmed and just need to take a break every once in a while and focus on what makes me happy. 🙂
I am looking forward to 2019, it’s a new chapter in my life and I have 365 days to make it as amazing as possible.
Favorite Books of 2018
As you might have known, I didn’t do so good with reading this year. I also felt like most books just weren’t working for me but I did have my favorites. These are my 2018 Favorite Books of the year.
Books I reviewed this month ~ Books Reviewed
- [4 Jan] The Eternity Elixir (Potion Masters, #1) by Frank L. Cole
- [8 Jan] Just a Few Books I hardly remember it’s been so long…
- [8 Jan] Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Marked by an Assassin by Felicity Heaton ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Things Good Girls Don't Do by Codi Gary ★★★★
- [9 Jan] Wild Wicked Scot by Julia London ★★★★
- [10 Jan] Bubbly Berls is Babbling about: Miracle Morning
- [10 Jan] The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod ★★★★★
- [11 Jan] Grilled Cheese and Dragons #1 by Nancy Krulik, Ben Balistreri ★★★★
- [15 Jan] Just a Few Random Fun Reads
- [15 Jan] Harmony Black by Craig Schaefer ★★★★
- [15 Jan] The Rogue Not Taken by Sarah MacLean ★★★★
- [15 Jan] Snow Falling on Bluegrass by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [16 Jan] Kissing Santa by Heather Horrocks ★★★
- [20 Jan] Books From Kinderland | Daily 5 and Leader in Me
- [20 Jan] The Daily Five (Second Edition): Fostering Literacy Independence in the Elementary Grades by Gail Boushey, Joan Moser ★★★★
- [20 Jan] The Leader in Me: How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time by Stephen R. Covey ★★★★
- [22 Jan] Just a Few 3.5 Star Reads
- [22 Jan] Bared to You by Sylvia Day ★★★½
- [22 Jan] Into the Fury by Kat Martin ★★★½
- [22 Jan] City of Light by Keri Arthur ★★★½
- [23 Jan] I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga ★★★½
- [25 Jan] Beauty and Beastly: Steampunk Beauty and the Beast (Steampunk Fairy Tales) by Melanie Karsak ★★★★½
- [27 Jan] Snowed In by Sarah Title ★★★★
- [30 Jan] Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between) by Lauren Graham ★★★★
- [5 Feb] Just a Few Books I loved but never reviewed
- [5 Feb] The Undoing by Shelly Laurenston ★★★★★
- [5 Feb] Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis ★★★★
- [5 Feb] The Fairest of Them All by Cathy Maxwell ★★★★
- [6 Feb] Wake of Vultures by Lila Bowen ★★★★½
- [12 Feb] Just a Few In Death Books I read AGES ago!
- [12 Feb] Witness in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [12 Feb] Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [12 Feb] Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [22 Feb] Study Hall of Justice (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #1) by Derek Fridolfs, Dustin Nguyen ★★★½
- [22 Feb] Fort Solitude (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #2) by Derek Fridolfs, Dustin Nguyen ★★★½
- [24 Feb] Fallen Empire (Empire of Dragons Chronicles #1) by K.N. Lee ★★★★
- [25 Feb] Five by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
What are you looking forward to in 2019?
Thanks for stopping by to Check out my recap of 2018 and what’s to come in 2019
Have a great day and Happy Reading!