Recapping 2018 and looking ahead to 2019
Feel free to join us!
out with the OLD: 2018
As you probably figured out, I totally sucked at reading and blogging this year. Blogging was almost not happening and I just couldn’t get into reading because I was having a hard time focusing. About two months ago I figured out a better way to blog and also forced myself to read.
Two months ago I set a better schedule for myself to do my blogging. Since I am off on Fridays I figured that could be my Blogging day and it would extend into the weekend. That gives me enough time to get stuff done on Friday and on the weekend I can do a few things and still enjoy time with the family. So far it has been working out exactly as I wanted and I couldn’t be happier. The rest of the week is for Design work and house stuff. This has been helping keep the stress level low and if I can’t get something done it’s ok, I can either try another day or just wait until the next Friday. It is helping me keep my OCD under control.
My reading just plain SUCKED! I was in such a mood when it came to reading but I figured out it was because I wasn’t reading for anything but myself and honestly, I didn’t feel obligated to read. This year that all changes.
in with the NEW: 2019
I plan to continue the schedule into the new year. I think it works perfect and it keeps my stress low. Berls and I worked out some scheduling so we will each have 3 posts a week and the Sunday post. This helps us both keep a better schedule and also feel like that is pretty low maintenance. If we do have extra posts we can always double up but that might not be necessary since I need to catch up on reading and she probably has more review than I do at the moment.
I think I was missing Challenges and also feel like I wasn’t grabbing what I wanted to read and instead just reading what I thought I needed to read. Which is weird because who really does that…but me, apparently. I started getting my challenges together and could feel the excitement of being able to read. I am also planning to force myself to get at least and hour of reading in a day and more on the weekends.
This year is all going to be different for Because Reading. I am excited for all the new challenges, posts and reading that will be done. We will also be changing up the design on the blog by the end of Jan (I’m still working on it) I am excited for what is to come for Because Reading…I haven’t felt like this in a long time and it’s a familiar feeling that I seriously have missed! Happy New Year Friends! 🙂
My most anticipated books of 2019
I am looking forward to all of these next year. I can’t wait for them to be released!
Books I reviewed this month ~ Books Reviewed
- [3 Sep] Deadly Escape by Colleen Helme ★★★★
- [10 Sep] Just a Few Amore Reads by Bella Jewel
- [10 Sep] Amore: Part 1 by Bella Jewel ★★★★
- [10 Sep] Amore Part 2 by Bella Jewel ★★★★★
- [24 Sep] Children of the Forgotten Gods by Kennedy Daly ★★★★½
- [25 Sep] Silent Threat by Dana Marton ★★★½
- [28 Sep] Small Spaces by Katherine Arden ★★★★★
- [29 Sep] Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff
- [8 Oct] Just a Few Arc of Scythe Books I DEVOURED
- [8 Oct] Scythe by Neal Shusterman ★★★★★
- [8 Oct] Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman ★★★★★
- [10 Oct] You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1) by R.L. Stine ★★★
- [19 Oct] #RH series I have been reading and a quick review of each.
- [27 Oct] Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young ★★★★
- [30 Oct] Trick or Treat by ★★★★
What are you looking forward to in 2019?
Thanks for stopping by to Check out my recap of 2018 and what’s to come in 2019
Have a great day and Happy Reading!