I wasn’t sure what I was expecting when I started this book. I am not a huge fan of zombies and I was a little nervous. I am very happy I read this book because it was not what I expected.
- Set in a Dystopian world, it has a sort of western feel to it. I can’t remember if it ever gave a time frame out year but it seemed like it was set more in the future.
- I never experienced character build like this, it was really slow, the book almost revolved around the build of these characters.
- The Story is told in Willies (Daisy Wilcox) POV. You are seeing the entire book through her eyes and learning about each character from her. You learn a lot about her and it’s progressive, so it happens over the entire length of the book.
- The Garrett Brothers and Willies brother Micah are traveling across the desert to find their father and bring him back to repay a debt that is making life for his kids worse than it is.
- The “shakes” are the zombies, they aren’t in the book a lot but the fear of them jumps from the pages.
- The story is just a lot of walking and reflecting, explaining the surroundings and how Willie is feeling.
- It had a lot of twists and turns. One of the twists, ripped my heart out. I was shocked. This happens almost at the end. I was also not expecting a lot of what happened to happen. This book had me on the edge of my seat.
I think the reviews on this book are mixed but for me, I loved it. One of the best character build in a book and this story had me on the edge of my seat and I was finding it very hard to put down. Emma Berquist is a new to me author and one I plan to keep an eye on, because, I would love to read something else from her. Highly recommend in my opinion. I really enjoyed this
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!