Series: Night Huntress #2
Published by HarperCollins e-books on October 13, 2008
Genres: Urban Fantasy
You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.
Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head – wanted: dead or half-alive – means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever … and Bones won’t let her get away again.
My top thoughts:
Whoa! I forgot so much in the years so I read this last! I basically remembered that it was one of my favorites, View Spoiler »that Bones came back, « Hide Spoiler, and that it was sizzling (something I didn’t adequately or accurately remember either). I buddy read this with Brandee and she was equally surprised by how much she had forgotten. What follows is a very brief review focusing on what I was stunned to remember, because (1) I actually reviewed it very thoroughly my first time reading it and (2) I just finished this morning and have a very short window to get my review in.
What I liked/didn’t like (about what I had forgotten):
- I had forgotten how much I cannot stand Justine, Cat’s mom. I’m sorry, if you’re raped and can’t handle the consequences of a child, I will much more hold it against you for raising that child and heaping blame and hatred upon them than for choosing either an abortion or adoption. What she’s done – and continues to do to Cat – is reprehensible.
- Tate, Juan, third one who’s name I apparently still can’t remember – Cat’s loyal team. Oooh how I love them and how I love Tate’s stubborn infatuation with Cat. It’s fantastic.
- Don and all the twists that came with him. I forget if I land on liking or hating him… at this point I’m cautiously ok.
- OMG the way the plot propels forward. Things I remembered happening but thought were like 3 or 4 books from now! This is action packed and fast paced!
- I also remembered very clearly fanning myself because of the SIZZLE in this book. While I was not disappointed, I remember it getting even better. Which means another book is still going to go there!
All in all this is one of my favorite books in the series and so far, it gets to keep that title!