Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
October 13 – 19
I REALLY took advantage of the long weekend, since my husband was actually home each day. I got the rest that I needed, BUT I also go lazy with my miracle morning and all tracking. I need to refocus next week.
Emotional Health Goals
Here are my October goals and how I did:
- Start back on a Miracle Morning routine. I did not do well this week at all :/
- Sunday 10/13 – Nope.
- Monday 10/14 – Nope.
- Tuesday 10/15 – Nope
- Wednesday 10/16 – Nope
- Thursday 10/17 – Nope
- Friday 10/18 – Nope
- Saturday 10/19 – Nope
- Blog daily. I’m still doing pretty well with this, though now that Dante is starting to spend more time awake and interactive during the day, I am struggling to get as much time in. I still love the interaction I get from the blog though, so I intend to keep it a priority.
- Sunday 10/13 – Visited blogs.
- Monday 10/14 – Replied to comments.
- Tuesday 10/15 – No blogging.
- Wednesday 10/16 – Worked on a post.
- Thursday 10/17 – Worked on a post.
- Friday 10/18 – replied to comments and visited.
- Saturday 10/19 – wrote Sunday post
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. We went shopping on Sunday for Halloween Costumes, which was really nice. However, I really wanted to go to book club this week and it didn’t happen. I did go to Target on Friday and that was a great hour. This is sad. An hour at Target should not be an amazing escape, but it was. My husband is acting like we need to keep Dante in a bubble, which is super hard for me, since it means I can’t get out much. I’m going to have to get him to be more reasonable for my sanity.
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Do some yoga every
morningweek as part of my miracle morning routine. Didn’t manage this yet. Maybe next week.
- Go on 1 walk a day. I’ve done this every day, and lately, I’ve actually taken 2 walks a day instead of just 1. I also have extended the morning walk to be longer and it’s starting to almost feel like exercise, instead of just an escape from the house. Can’t wait until I can start working on my jogging again.
Here’s how I did.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily. I have got to start tracking this. I know I didn’t do as good this week, so I have to focus on tracking.
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. I think I need to track this too… but I did have a couple veggie rich dinners this week.
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday over the weekend. I feel like I’m just flying by the seat of my pants most of the time on food choices… Not good. Working on it next week for sure before I start gaining weight!
I’ve gotten back to posting semi-regularly on Instagram. If you want to follow me more closely, I’m @berlssc.