Today I thought I would share with you my Top Ten Favorite “Scary and not so Scary” Movies. These are movies I watch in October and if at anytime I am looking for a good scary movie to watch this is the list I go it. I have a few more but I thought Ten would be enough for this post. One day I will list them all but it’s a lot 🙂 So without further ado here is my
Top Ten Favorite “Scary and Not So Scary” Movies
10. Rose Red (2002) This is a Stephen King’s original mini-series movie. He actually wrote a prequel after the mini-series come out and then made a movie based on the book. If you haven’t seen this mini series you really need to check it out. Love Stephen King and I love Rose Red.
9. Sleepy Hollow (1999) Johnny Depp, that is pretty much all I have to say, but this movie is a favorite of mine. Not only do I love the classic story of Sleepy Hollow but I listen to the soundtrack to this movie almost every day at work. This is a great telling of the story and one I can (and have) watched over and over again.
8. Scream (1996) Nothing beats the original, Sidney Prescott being chased around by an extremely clumsy person in a ghost faced mask that likes to make phone calls from the front porch. When I first saw this I thought it was brilliant to have two killers, then when you find out who they are, it was just mind blowing! Well it was when it first came out. The other ones in the series are ok but I will always love the original.
7. The Shinning (1980) Remind me to not book any rooms at the Overlook Hotel. So many creepy thing happen at that hotel and all work and no play makes Jake a dull boy. Who doesn’t love Jack Torrance and who doesn’t love Shelley Duvall running around like Olive Oyl in that bath robe and turtleneck. I don’t care what anyone says that Danny was creepy and so was his finger….Heeere’s Johhny.
6. Poltergeist (1982) They’re here. You damn straight they were and that stupid clown scarred me for LIFE. I couldn’t eat meat or stare in the mirror for fear my face would peel off. This house was NOT CLEAN TANGINA!!! This is such a great movie and another one that nothing beats the original. The scary guy in the second one has nothing on that demon thing that pop out of that closet.
5. Friday the 13th (1980) So I am not a big fan of camping…who would be after watching this movie. Poor Jason, those camp counselors really didn’t pay attention to you but don’t worry mommy will take care of it. Who saw that coming at the end. I have seen this a million time and can watch it a million more. (no thank you to the remake, however Jared Padalecki is adorable)
4. Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) if you haven’t seen this movie get out from under the rock and go rent it, buy it or whatever you have to do to get your hands on it. Jack and Sally, Zero and Oggie Boogie is the most amazing group of characters and this movie is fantastic. Yes I can sing all the songs and yes I have the soundtrack and yes I do listen to it often. Who wouldn’t, you are the Pumpkin King Jack just leave christmas to the professionals 🙂
3. Psycho (1960) Lets take a moment to worship this classic. Creepy guy with mommy issues meets a beautiful girl and stabs her to death while she is taking a shower. The perfect love story? It could be or just a creepy guy who really needs to get away from his mom. Anthony Perkins and the original queen of scream Janet Leigh, this is just an amazing movie and so creepy and really well done. Alfred Hitchcock is the king of suspense this one is one of my favorite that he directed (birds isn’t bad either)
2. Hocus Pocus (1993) Amok, Amok, Amok! What do you get when you take Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy and throw them into a movie? You get one of the greatest Halloween movies ever and one that is loved by people of all ages. This is the movie that my daughter and I must watch doing October in the town so they can live forever. Not really scary but super cute and so much fun if you honestly haven’t seen this movie you need to go out and get it
1. Halloween (1978) It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare. Jamie Lee Curtis taking after her mom and becoming the Queen of Scream. You are thinking, of course Halloween would be her number 1, It’s Halloween, but that’s not why I picked Halloween. Halloween is legitimately my favorite Halloween movie. Dr Loomis running around all willy nilly with a gun he can’t seem to figure out how to shoot. The Shape (Michael) who doesn’t seem to want to die and Poor Laurie Strode, what did she do to deserve to a psychopath with a knife chasing her and killing all her friends. This is the movie that got me to use TOTALLY so much more often than necessary and it actually the reason PJ Soles got this part because they loved how she said Totally 🙂 My number one and it always will be. It’s a must watch for me…Death has come to your little town, sheriff.
Well that is my Top Ten! What are some of your favorite scary movies?
Thanks for stopping by…
Have a Great Day and a Happy and Safe Halloween!