Recapping 2020 and looking ahead to 2021
Feel free to join us!
out with the OLD: 2020
This year was stupid and I hated it. I lost my dad, a pandemic and pretty much the rest of the year could just go away. I pretty much gave up on everything. No reading, blogging or design work, my anxiety went through the roof and I was just done with all of this. I stood around waiting for things to get back to normal. By the time September rolled around, I realized I wasted so much time waiting for something that I don’t think will ever happen so it was time to take back my life and get back to the things that make me happy. My family, Blogging, Reading, Gaming and Design. I came up with a new schedule that help me focus more on me time and also helped make me feel more organized and less overwhelmed. Some days are harder than others and I miss my dad something fierce but knowing him he would want me to keep moving forward and take care of myself and his grandkids.
Blogging took quite the hit but like I always say, I have no intention of giving up on my blog, I love it, it’s my little space that lets me share thoughts and books. I might take time off every so often but that is ok, I will always come back, I would miss all of this if I bailed out too soon. So next year……
in with the NEW: 2021
2021 I am going to focus a lot more on myself and the blog. Really get back to reviewing those books I read and sharing my thoughts and ideas with you all. I also wanted to find a way to share more on the blog from recipes, to movie reviews and even what my favorite things are at the moment.
Features, Memes and Posts
Most of the memes and posts that I had are going to stay, some of them I am hoping to do more frequently and I also have a few ideas for new posts and memes.
- My TBR List ~ I love this meme and I wont be giving up on it, at the moment I am the only a few people do it but would love for more to join in.
- Waiting on Wednesday ~ Always one of my favorites looking forward to getting back to this one in 2021
- Book Report ~ My Monthly recap will be back in 2021
- Sunday Post ~ Because who doesn’t love a good weekly recap!!!
I had a new meme this year and hope to have a few more.
- Afternoon Tea and a Book ~ I have a LOT more tea to spill next year.
- Seasonal Reading TBR List ~ Each season I will have a few books that I will be reading. I want to read more and hold myself more accountable for what I read. So I want to make a TBR so I can really get through those books I want to read. This also works good with the TBR List Books.
- Let’s Talk Podcasts ~ Will be back next year, I have a LOT more podcasts to talk about. I have listened to so many this year, I need to share them.
- Middle Grade Reading List ~ I love sharing middle grade stories, I think a lot of people don’t realize how awesome they are for all ages and I need to share them all.
Reviews, Binge Watchers Club and a few new ones I am working on, will make this a super productive year. 2021 will also have the Spooktacular, The Spooky Saturdays and the Holly Jolly Saturdays. I also plan to do scary books to take to the beach again. I have so many ideas and things planned I hope 2021 is a lot nicer to all of us. I will tell you what tell myself….Everything will be ok, all you need is love, faith and a little pixie dust.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
Thanks for stopping by to Check out my recap of 2020 and what’s to come in 2021.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!