I received this book for free from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Lincoln Project (Flashback Four #1) by Dan Gutman
Published by HarperCollins on February 23rd 2016
Genres: Historical, Middle Grade, Time Travel
Congratulations! You are invited to participate in a very special once-in-a-lifetime experience. Please do not share this invitation or discuss it with anyone.
In New York Times bestselling author Dan Gutman's all-new series, which blends fascinating real history with an action-packed and hilarious adventure, four very different kids are picked by a mysterious billionaire to travel through time and photograph some of history's most important events. This time, the four friends are headed to 1863 to catch Abraham Lincoln delivering his famous Gettysburg Address. They'll have to work together to ask the right questions, meet the right people, and capture the right moment. And most important—not get caught! Back matter separating fact from fiction and real black-and-white photographs make Flashback Four the perfect mix of true history and uproarious fun.
- Loved the cover of this book.
- Loved the idea of history and a group of kids getting to experience it first hand.
- I am never good with time travel but this book sounded really cute.
- This book has a lot of history and great explanations for kids.
- Even some of the stuff I wasn’t aware of, which was pretty neat.
- This has a nice pace and lots of excitement that kept you interested
- I loved the details and the history a lot.
- The time travel was never confusing and actually found myself enjoying it.
- Pasture Company CEO, Mrs. Chris Zandergoth
- Abraham Lincoln
- Lots of side characters
The cast of characters were a lot of fun, I enjoyed reading this book in the 4 kids POV. Each one has a different personality and it was fun to go on this adventure with them.
- Fun read to keep you entertained.
- Lots of rich history, some were a little bit altered but doesn’t change history.
- Great book for kids and adults.
- Recommend if you are looking for a fun, quick read.
- I am really looking forward to the next book in the series to see what happens next.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!