The book in my words
When I was asked if I wanted to read this last book I couldn’t pass it up. The Potion Masters series is one of my favorite MG Series. While some of the characters still get on my nerves, I do over all love the world and was excited to be able to find out what happened after book #2. If you have not read this series, please jump down to the over all section of this review to avoid any spoilers because as much as I going to try, it’s hard to avoid them when it’s a 3rd books.
This books follows after what happened in book two, Mezzarix is free, has the vessel, B.R.E.W. is disbanded sort of and Gordy’s family is in danger. The main goal is to stop Mezzarix from following through on his plans. There is a world wind of action in this books from exploring the Swigs (which reminds me of diagon alley), drives on a crazy scooter, crazy hot air ballon and lots of bad guys. I mean LOTS of bad quys. It seems those that were banished are back for revenge. Mezzarix wants a free world with no limitations and he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. It would totally be up to Gordy and his friends to save the world because I don’t know about you but I think they can do it. I would be happy to have those 4 on my side.
The Good and The Ok
- Gordy is my favorite, he is just such a patient and mature kid for his age. He knows right from wrong but still makes kid decisions which is great.
- I love this entire world, I love the idea of potion makers and I love the secrets, at times it reminds me a little of the world of Harry Potter.
- Max and Sasha pretty much still drive me completely insane. I had hoped Max would have “grown-up” a little or at least realize the seriousness of the situation but he hasn’t. While I think he is a great friends to Gordy he gets on my nerves. Sasha is just a mean girl and needs to be knocked off that pedestal she stands on.
- Mezzarix is just evil and I love a good evil.
- Lots of action in this story and the “Big Battle” I was not able to put the book down.
- The book is told is a few different POV. So you do switch around a lot which I liked. It was good to be able to see the entire picture and what was going on from all sides of the action.
This was such a great book and I am so loving this series. It is one I would recommend to anyone that likes a little magic and action. The world is great, the characters are fun and I think a Middle Grader would devour this series. I do hope there will be more. I recommend this book and series to anyone that loves a good adventure with lots of action and some seriously nasty bad guys. I will miss this series. A must read!
P.S. I assumed this was the last book in the series but in the acknowledgements it seems the story might continue and this makes me soooo happy!
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!