Published by Shadow Mountain on January 16, 2019
Genres: Fantasy & Magic, Middle Grade
Format: ARC, Paperback
Source: Publisher, Shadow Mountain Publishing
It has been nine months since Gordy and his friends, Max and Adilene, Saved B.R.E.W. (the Board of Ruling Elixirists Worldwide) and the Vessel—the power source for the secret society of potion masters. Now, Gordy is starting the eighth grade, and has been trying new potion brewing techniques, but when he starts zoning out during practice, he knows something is wrong.
Gordy and his friends continue to work on their potions, but when Gordy chooses Max as his lab partner, Adilene starts to wonder if she still has a place with her old friends. She turns to a new friend, Cadence, who might know a way to help Adilene become a potion master on her own.
And in Greenland, Mezzarix has a chance to escape his Forbidden Zone—as long as he agrees to work with the mysterious Ms. Bimini and replicate an unusual solution known as “Silt.” It could be just the weapon Mezzarix needs to destroy B.R.E.W. forever.
With both B.R.E.W. and the Vessel in danger, and with the potion world in chaos, it’s up to Gordy, Max, and Adilene to rally the remaining Potion Masters before it’s too late.
The story picks up several months after the events that happened in the first book. Things are still unsafe for the Stitser family and the family needs to keep a very low profile but of course it does stay quiet for long. This was a fast paced fun adventure with strong characters and a wonderful group of pretty nasty bad guys.
It was so much fun to be in this world again. I really missed Gordy and his family. This was such a fun story and the characters are just fantastic. This is honestly one of my favorite MG series, I can’t wait for Book 3 to come out because that ending had me like, Oh MY Goodness!
Just going to list a few things the book, no spoilers (unless you didn’t read the first book)
- Gordy seems a little more grown up in this story however he has his naive moments but he is still a kid so you would expect that.
- His friend Max was getting on my nerves in the beginning, while I think he is a great friend to Gordy, his actions where just making me mad, I almost stopped reading but I was too invested in the family.
- Adilene is a cute character but I liked her better in the first book.
- Mexxarix (Gordy’s Grandfather) is still fantastic but good golly, he is really a super bad guy
- The rest of the characters are just awesome especially Aunt Priss, I really like her.
- Part of the story, I couldn’t put the book down. I would even find myself reading longer than I intended too.
- The book has a few new characters that added a little to the story and a few that took on a bigger role.
- You get to see another side of the Elixirist world and I loved how the story end and where we might be going in the next book
Over all I thought this was a really great read and pretty much is just as good as the first book. I do love the characters and the world is just so much fun to visit. I would highly recommend this book (and series) to Young, Old, and anyone in the middle. Now, I need book 3! 🙂Michelle thinks this series is amazing! She can't wait for book #3 Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!