Published by Harper Collins, HarperCollins UK on April 28th 2015
Genres: Action & Adventure, Fantasy & Magic, General, Young Adult
A sinister threat. A city in danger. A boy with the power to command the crows. Ferals is the first book in a dark, action-packed trilogy that’s part The Graveyard Book, part Batman, and all high-octane adventure.
Blackstone was once a thriving metropolis. But that was before the Dark Summer—a wave of violence and crime that swept through the city eight years ago, orchestrated by the fearsome Spinning Man. Now the Spinning Man is on the move again, and a boy named Caw is about to be caught in his web.
Caw has never questioned his ability to communicate with crows. But as the threat of a new Dark Summer looms, Caw discovers the underground world of Blackstone’s ferals—those with the power to speak to and control animals. Caw is one of them. And to save his city, he must quickly master abilities he never knew he had . . . and prepare to defeat a darkness he never could have imagined.
Seriously I couldn’t say no to that cover and the synopsis sounded like something I would seriously enjoy. It had a bit of middle grade with a touch of Young Adult since some of what was going on can be for older kids.
- I loved the unique story and the interesting characters. I thought being able to talk to a certain type of animal was really neat.
- The voice of Caws crows were great and I adored Caw as well. My heart hurt for him but you can see he is a very strong character. I also enjoyed Lydia she was super cute and a good friend to Caw as well.my
- Lots of Bad guys in this book, bad ferals that are trying to resurrect The Evil Spinning Man who cause destruction a lots of years ago.
- My only problem was there wasn’t enough world build. I was having a hard time placing when this story was taking place and how the world was set up. Even the history of the murders has some detail but I was looking for a lot more.
- The end was pretty intense and it gave a way to let the story continue without leaving you hanging. I really enjoyed how it all wrapped up at the end.
I thought this was a great start to a new series, I look forward to the next one. I think this book would be great for teens and adult, its unique and different. A really great read.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my review
Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!