I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Narrator: Christian Fox, Lucy Rivers
Series: Sugar Bowl #2
Published by Tantor Audio on September 13th 2016
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Length: 6 hours
After posing as an escort for the Sugar Bowl online dating service, Sela Halstead is looking for one thing: payback. She's closing in on the site's heartless founder, Jonathon Townsend, and she needs Beckett North, Townsend's business partner and her lover, by her side. She'd thought that their intimate nights together had forged an unbreakable bond, but after a shocking betrayal, Sela begins to doubt the brilliant bad boy. When push comes to shove, can she trust Beck to do the right thing? Now that he understands the truth, Beck will stop at nothing to secure the reckoning Sela deserves. But between his desire for her and his disgust for JT, Beck doesn't exactly have a lot of control over his emotional state. Left with no other choice, he must summon all his discipline to maintain JT's trust and pretend that they're still friends. But how far will Beck go to prove his loyalty to Sela? He nearly lost her once. To keep her, Beck might have to kill for her.
Another home run, another cliff, and another gah! Why can’t I start the next one right now?!!?
- characters – I love the relationship between heroine/hero. I was really worried about the connection to JT and even though it’s not pretty, it was a relief.
- narration – gah, Christian Fox will you please narrate the PHONE BOOK? amazing narration – two narrators – Christian Fox and Lucy Rivers – and they compliment each other well.
- The story – geez, how does Sawyer Bennett think of this stuff ? One revelation in particular has my gut turning. And holy hell, what just happened?
- The issues – I continue to love the way this trilogy deals with the issue of rape. It’s confronting the big issues – victim guilt, victim blame, children of rape, difficulty of proof… just way to go!
What could have worked better:
- I could be reading book 3 now… aka, I’ve got nothing!
Berls is gushing about Sugar Rush! 5/5 stars! Click To Tweet