I asked a few of my favorite bloggers to give me a list of books that they recommend for your summer reading list. As always I got a awesome mix of some really amazing books. I hope this will make your summer reading more enjoyable as you feel the sand between your toes and the sun on your face.
Summer Reading Suggestions by Rachael @Rachael Turns Pages.
I put together a list of books that I have read over several years. Let me tell you I absolutely love summer books and reading laid back reads during the summer, but these books really can be read any time of year. The dead of winter is also a good time for a summer pick me up book to remind yourself of the warmer days ahead.
- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen– Any Sarah Dessen book is a great summer read, but this one remains one of my favorites of her books and it is one of more serious books.
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks– Again any Nicholas Sparks book is a great summer read, but this one especially since it takes place on the beach. Again the book is serious as the dad is diagnosised with cancer.
- The Year I Turned 16 by Diane Schwemm– This is one of the books that has stuck with me for many years. I read it during the summer after my sophomore year when I was 16. My sister had her knee surgery the summer I read this book and I went to her physical therapy appointments with her. I would read while I waited for her to be done. Even though this book was large I finished it quickly. This book is separated into four books of four sisters as they tell the story of the year they turned 16. The book has its up and down points, but it is marvelous to see how the girls change over the years especially when the youngest turns 16.
- Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah– I just finished this one and will be singing its praises the whole summer. This book explores the relationship between sisters who are trying to fin out about their mother’s past. This book was so powerful and emotional. It is the kind of book that is going to stick with me for a long time.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins– This book is a great summer read. I fell in love with the characters and the story.
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson– This is a road trip book and it makes going on a road trip sound so fun. It was fun to see the characters grow as they traveled across the country.
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord– This is the first book by this author and it is such an amazing book.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick– I read this book just recently. It is a great love story between Jase and Samantha.
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell– The reason I fell in love with Rainbow Rowell. I love her writing and I highly recommend this book.
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West– This book is a great, quick read, and you will fall in love with this author.
These are my recommendations for books to check out for this summer.
My name is Rachael and I currently run the blog, Rachael Turns Pages. I have loved reading from a young age and enjoy sharing it with my blog readers. I enjoy reading Contemporary, Dystopian, and Fairy Tale Retellings. Besides reading I love to work with children, run, and spend time with friends and family. My blog is currently a mixture of book related posts and posts about my life as a college Senior preparing to start student teaching in the fall. Thanks Michelle for this opportunity.