March 12th 2023
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
News at Home
Ugh I just got hit with the reminder that it’s daylight savings starting or ending or whatever tonight so I’m going to make this super short so I can get to bed. But I did want to do a quick update. We had a really good week for the most part. Nothing special or unusual really, just a good week. We did just get home from visiting my friend Melissa for an all-day play date. It’s always a great time when we get together and our boys play together-ish. I say ish because Dante doesn’t really play with anyone – he tends to play beside them at best. It’s one of his goals at therapy that we are working on.
I’m sure there’s more to talk about – but it was a basic week for the most part. I did find out that I’m getting a pretty nice bonus next week and I’m researching robot vacuums as my treat to myself with the money (the rest I’m putting in savings/IRA). If you have any you love or hate, let me know 🙂
Last week on Because Reading
- [7 Mar] Tell Me Something Tuesday: Travel
- [9 Mar] Bet Me to Stay by Candace Havens ★★★
- [10 Mar] The Best Time by Sienna Waters ★★★½
- [11 Mar] #MyTBRList Results and Linky: March 2023
- [12 Mar] Sunday Post with Berls | March 12th 2023
This week I finished:
I’m participating in 8 Challenges, plus my goal of 150 books (ahead by 5 books!), this year. Here’s how I’m doing.
- COYER Upside Down Chapter 1 – 32 books
- Finishing the Series – my goal is 5-8 series.
- Series In Progress:
- Ice Planet Barbarians – I read book 6 this year, still need to read 7 – 22 (may not finish this year….)
- Iron Druid Chronicles – reading for the readalong so I know I will finish! So far re-read book 1, plus 3 shorts
- Witches of Hollow Cove – read book 6, still need to read 7-10
- The Immortal Descendants – read books 1-2 this year, 3-5 to go
- Completed Series:
- Transplanted Tales – I read book 4 this year, which is all that is published so far (but I do think more are coming, so this is probably going to end up back in progress)
- Spoiler Alert – book 3 was the only book I hadn’t read, so that series now caught up!
- A Stitch in Time – read book 3 and 3.5 this year (more to come though!)
- Well Met – I read book 2 -4 this year! I think that’s it for the series 🙁
- Sean King and Michelle Maxwell – I read book 4- 6 this year and that’s the end of this series.
- Series In Progress:
- Library Love – 19/60 books
- Thrifty Thursday – my goal is 1 book each month:
- January – Just Folking Around by Penny Reid
- February – Marking Time by April White
- 2023 Audiobook Challenge – 23/100 books
- Backlist Reader Challenge – 16/50 books
- Bookish Resolutions – here are my goals:
- Review all books on goodreads within 1 week of reading them. Still very behind here…
- Keep up with My TBR List each month! So far, on track!
- Complete all my COYER tasks on time. Yes! This I am keeping up with thanks to our Trello board!
- Sunday Post at least once each month.2nd for March today
- Set aside minimum 1 hour each week for blogging. I may not have gotten an hour this week… it was rough.
- 12 books from 12 friends – I shared the graphic in my first Sunday Post of the year but here are the books my friends have picked for me: (I haven’t read any yet)
Filthy Rich Vampire by Geneva Lee Albin✔ Read in January
- The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown
- Slay by Brittney Morris
- Pride and Protest by Nikki Payne
- Blacktop Wasteland by SA Cosby
- A Psalm for the WIld-Built by Becky Chambers
- Discipline is Destiny: The Power of Self-Control by Ryan Holiday Up Next (was supposed to be February…)
- The Mary Shelley Club by Goldy Moldavsky
- What Angels Fear by CS Harris
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- The Darkening by Sunya Mara
Felicia the Geeky Blogger and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About co-host this fitness-oriented group and I’m glad to be part of it for another year.
Goals for 2023:
This year I’m just focusing on habits that make me feel good and may/may not lead to weight loss. And rather than over-arching year long goals, I’ll be updating my goals on a week-by-week basis.
This week: This week was much better than last in terms of healthy choices. I’m learning that I really am not hungry most days until about 1:30/2pm and waiting until then to eat a high protein breakfast helps me not start up the snacking that I do all day. I also started doing this DanceBit app that has daily dance exercise challenges (about 10 minutes) that works really well for me.
Next week: I need to improve my water and how I eat in social situations. Otherwise, I want to just continue what I’ve been doing.
I hate springing forward! I feel exhausted for weeks after the time change. We could fall back every weekend and I’d be good but this spring forward stuff kills me! A robot vacuum sounds like a great treat! I know my mother has a Roomba and loves it and she’s typically tough on vacuums plus she has an astonishing amount of pets that the vacuum has to deal with. Have a great week!
I really hate changing the clocks. I wish they would just pick a time and leave it at that. Congrats on the bonus. I hope you find a robovacuum you like.
Take those good week wins when you can!
Karen @For What It’s Worth
Congrats on the bonus!
I hope DST doesn’t mess up Dante’s sleep. It’s so hard on little ones. I don’t like the changing back and forth, but I need Daylight or it is too dark in the evenings here and it gets light way to early. I would prefer that we stayed on DST all year round!
Good job on better choices. I can’t imagine waiting that long to eat. By 1:00, I’ve had breakfast and lunch. I’m one of those who needs to eat within an hour or so of waking.
I hope you have a good week.
It sounds like a pretty good week. You are killing it on your challenges for only 2+ months into the year. I’m enjoying the buddy reads.
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
I hope Dante will make progresses with his playing-related social skills. He’s still very young, so I guess he’s got all the time to figure it out! And yay for the bonus!
Our daylight savings will happen on the last Sunday of the month, as usual. I don’t care either way, but I’m not a fan of sleeping one hour less when the clock goes forward LOL.