News at Home: Please be spring!
This was a pretty good week. We had decent weather, which was nice – but it’s starting to get cold again! Today wasn’t bad, but it was chilly thanks to the wind and I just want to stop needing heat, especially since we don’t have it and have to use the oven/stove to heat up the apartment. Winter should be the shortest season – I hate it so much. So it needs to not encroach on spring!!
School went well too. We had STAAR testing this week and honestly it wasn’t bad. My kids love it actually because it means they spend ALL DAY with me. No specials. Lunch in our classroom. It also means I get no breaks. But honestly, that’s really no much different from normal days. In fact, I had a very small argument with my husband about this just Friday night. He was complaining about taking Buffy for walks on his lunch break — which is 1 hour! — because he’s tired and would like to just lay on the couch and watch tv. He wasn’t saying it was a problem to walk Buffy, but just that I needed to understand. I was like, “really?!? So you only get to lay down for 45 minutes? Cry my a river!” LOL! He gets that my breaks are laughable, but he also says I chose this career and I could pick something else. While I guess he’s right, I also believe they could treat teachers like the professionals we are. They hold us to ridiculous standards but don’t give us any of the benefits. Anyway, that’s just my little soapbox for the week 😉
So remember I mentioned that we had an issue involving one of my students and a threat at my school and that I was feeling pretty unsafe? Well, the BEST thing happened this week. He was trying to destroy the principals office again — he does that a lot — while she was on speaker to his mom. His mom lost it, came to the school, took him and all the reports I’ve been writing to the hospital and they admitted him to a psychiatric program for a minimum of 6 weeks on the spot! Woo-hoo! Now that’s great, but here’s my problem… if the hospital admits him ON THE SPOT, why does the school still have WEEKS of testing to do before they would consider anything? There is something so broken about our system!
Speaking of broken, my autistic student that I’ve been trying to get alternate placement for like ALL YEAR.. they finally agreed he needs it, effective NEXT YEAR! We still have 8 Weeks left in this school year, so why the FUCK are we waiting?! Money. I guarantee it.
So much to fix when I start my school. Just saying.
My morning routine is STILL working! I’m so excited to be able to consistently visit blogs and work on my posts!! Hopefully I’ll maintain this!
For Can You Read A Series is a Month I started and finished the first book in my series – SuperAlpha by J.A. Huss – this week. Started on book 2 yesterday. So far, it’s just okay, which is disappointing since I tend to love her writing. Hopefully the series gets better with this book.
This week was not my best week. I struggled to eat right and only made it to the gym Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I plan to go today as well. Thursday I fell like I got back on track though, so hopefully this upcoming week will be better. Here’s my April goals:
- Do Yoga Monday – Friday: I did yoga 3 days this week. not horrible not great.
- Drink 64 oz of water daily: I’ve started trying to use the same cup all day and I’m doing better tracking. And I’m getting in my water.
- Track food and hit goals of 37P, 27C, 36F: 2 days this week… *sigh* Next week will be better
- Take 40 classes at GRIT: I’m at 17 as of today. I think that means I’m behind…
- Lose 10 pounds, and only weigh every 4 days (I’ve become scale obsessed): It’s already easier to stay off the scale every day! And I did lose some weight this week, though I still have a ways to go to reach my goal for the month.
- Find one NSV (non-scale victory) a week: I have a couple this week! So Sunday I went and bought new workout pants and 1 pair of jeans. I was down 8 sizes (since August)! And then yesterday at the gym we were doing burpees on gliders… I always have had to do one leg back at a time and one leg forward at a time. Yesterday I pushed both back at the same time! Still one forward at a time, but it’s progress!
Last Week on the Blog
- [9 Apr] Just a Few… yep… In Death Books
- [9 Apr] Survivor In Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [9 Apr] Origin in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★½
- [9 Apr] Memory in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [10 Apr] Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard ★★★★★
- [10 Apr] Task It Tuesday! ~ Organizing #Taskittues #bloggiesta
- [11 Apr] #bingewatchersclub ~ Getting back into watching!
- [13 Apr] The Haunting of Andler House by K.L. Banter ★★★★
- [14 Apr] Berls’s My TBR List Pick for April 2018 #MyTBRL
- [14 Apr] My To-Be Read List ~ And the Winner is….
- [15 Apr] Sunday Post with Berls | Please be Spring!
- [15 Apr] Busy Week and a Bad Friday the 13th~ WIR & SP
Coming Next Week From Me
Sunday Post with Berls | Please be Spring!
Just a Few In Death… Again!
Glass Sword #audioreview
Task It Tuesday #taskittues
Just a Few Book Club Reads
Books from Kinderland