Week of August 14th 2022
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
News at Home
I didn’t make it to work on my Sunday Post even one day this week! It wasn’t that this week was especially busy – more that I was especially tired. I skipped most my workouts every day this week (only 5 minutes but still) and even my morning routine. I usually wake up with my alarm, if not before, but this week I struggled. Partly because I was getting to bed late again… I know! I just have too many things I’m trying to accomplish in the evening I think. And I guess because I’m just TIRED. That said, it was a good week overall.
Dante had a good week in therapy — we started taking him in his pajamas because I told them about the fight to get dressed in the morning and they felt that was something they could help work on with him. It made getting out of the house a lot easier for sure, and I even took time to do my hair and light makeup almost everyday. It was nice to feel put together.
We went to see Phil and Zach on Tuesday after therapy and we had a nice time. Wednesday I made the mistake of taking Dante to the park — thinking it would be fun and it wasn’t THAT hot. Well all he wanted to do were the swings, which are the only part of the playground not in the shade. Any my sun allergy is acting up really badly — to the point that 2 minutes driving down the road in full sun and I have a painful rash breaking out on my arms. So he threw a fit and we went home. I made the decision to buy a couple lightweight UV50 hoodies that I’m going to make a point of always wearing moving forward.
Friday I was super unproductive at work and ended up meeting up with a friend for a late sushi lunch (2pm) and a couple drinks before picking Dante up around the corner at 3:30. I was trying to figure out something to do with Dante this weekend — I feel like I need to have plans for him every weekend or we just end up with him on the tablet all weekend, which is not good for him. But everything I suggested to Kiko got shot down for various reasons. Finally landed on our typical park on Saturday…
As I was getting ready to take Dante to the park Saturday morning a friend called and said she was spontaneously taking her daughter (Dante’s age) to a splash park and would we like to join? So I was in! But then she found out the splash park was closed, so we went to the one close to us and had a nice playdate. Dante ended up getting tired of the splash park and switching to the regular park and having a ton of fun on the slides and climbing. We did end with some time on the swings too.
We didn’t get home until almost 1 and I was so tired, I went to the bedroom and watched Sense and Sensibility (I just finished reading it for the upteenth time this week — total comfort read — and always like to watch it after I read it). Then Kiko headed out to visit with his brother so I’m back hanging with Dante… who is on his tablet. Sigh… I don’t let him use it much during the week but I really feel like he gets too much on the weekend, but IDK how else to keep him happy all weekend. He is playing educational games at least.
Tomorrow I’m thinking to visit Phil and Zach for a bit and maybe take him with them to the mall to do some walking around and maybe playing at Lego Land or Peppa Pig Playhouse they have there. It’s supposed to rain, so I don’t think we’ll have a lot of outdoor options. I do have grocery pickup to do, but I also don’t think I’ll be doing my normal meal prep. I have just one thing to make this week and it would be best prepared fresh. The rest of the meals for the week will be leftovers from the freezer.
It’s time to sign up for Can You Read a Series in a Month? for September:
Last week on Because Reading
- [16 Aug] Tell Me Something Tuesday: family and friends think of blogging?
- [18 Aug] There's Something About Molly by Christina Hovland ★★★★
- [19 Aug] A Stitch in Time by Kelley Armstrong ★★★★
- [20 Aug] Berls pick for Can You Read a Series in a Month – September 2022 #SIAM
- [21 Aug] Sunday Post with Berls | Week of August 14th 2022
This week I finished:
I’m participating in 7 Challenges, plus the Goodreads Challenge, this year. Here’s how I’m doing.
- COYER Seasons & COYER Community 2022 –
- Bookish Resolutions – This was a challenge that Michelle used to do without me and she took last year off. This year we’re bringing it back together. Details on post, but basically I’m setting 5 “bookish” goals for the year: Here are my goals:
- Blog ahead at least 1 week. If I get blog post for the upcoming week done today, I’ll be good.
- Keep a blogging planner. I’ve fully given up on this one.
- Visit & comment on 7 posts a week. Sorry, not having time 🙁
- Reply to comments each week. Sorry, not having time 🙁
- Review books before starting a new book/on the same day – I’ve changed this to writing the reviews over the weekend following finishing them. So I just need to get the above 3 reviews written this weekend… but I’m current until those three.
- The Backlist Reader Challenge – 38/50 books
- 2022 Audiobook Challenge – 66/75 books
- 2022 Library Love Challenge – 26/24 books
- 2022 Finishing the Series Challenge – My goal is 5 series.
- In Progress:
- Mine by Cynthia Eden- read book 4 & 5 this year, still need to read 6.
- Mystic Bayou by Molly Harper – read book 4, and 4.5. Currently reading 5 and still need to read 6.
- The Ivy Chronicles by Sophie Jordan – read books 2 and 3 this year, finishing the series.
- Amos Decker by David Bald Baldacci – read books 2-6 (#7 expected later this year)
- Witchless in Seattle by Dakota Cassidy – read books 8-13 this year
- Georgina Kincaid by Richelle Mead – read books 3-6 this year (thanks to Anne for realizing I could count this one!)
- In Progress:
FitReaders (hosted by Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About & Felicia The Geeky Blogger)
My big goal for 2022 is to lose weight every month. I’m not setting a specific number goal; I just need to make sure I’m going the right direction (down) every month. I will weigh in on the last (or first) day of each month only (so I don’t get too attached to the scale).
So I’m wrapping up week 3 of the meds and feeling disappointed. It’s not working on my cravings and I’m actually doing worse on my water consumption. I have a follow up appointment on the 31st so I’m hoping we’ll have some other options. We also found out this week that insurance won’t cover the medicine I’m on right now anyway, so going to have to change things up anyway.
Weight gain/loss for the year so far:
- +3.9 pounds Feb 1.
- -3.0 pounds March 1 (for the year, so total loss for Feb was 6.9 lbs!)
- -3.0 pounds April 1 (for the year, so no new loss in March, but no gain)
- -7.0 pounds April 30 (for the year, down 4 pounds in April)
- -3.4 pounds July 1 (for the year, up 3.6 pounds in June)
- +4.4 pounds August 1 (for the year, up 7.8 pounds in July)
Added to My Shelf
I’m trying to be more responsible about keeping track of the books I acquire, so I’m going to start sharing them again. If I share them here, surely I’ll remember to add them to Goodreads, right?