Week in READ-view is a post I have posted on Sundays telling you what I have been up to this week and what I read or am reading. The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the awesome Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, post a recap of the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On the Blog, Books & Real Life:
I am back after my break, It was totally unplanned and nothing serious was going on, I just needed to step away for a bit and gather my thoughts. Plus the week before was boring and I didn’t really have anything interesting going on plus I was away so it was a perfect time to take a short break. I have been working behind the scenes to get some stuff finished and I did accomplish a bunch of stuff.
This week was annoying. My Son started the extended school year, this means he goes to school for the month of July which is included in his IEP. The problem wasn’t the school but always the bus company, to make a very long story, very short, the bus company we were assigned to get him where assholes. The woman who owned the company was nasty and she never answers her phone. So when the bus was supposed to pick him up the first day they never showed up. They said my mom told them she was picking him up…um…no she didn’t, I was standing with her and my mom never said a thing, what I said to them was “When you get him my mom will be here to take him out of the bus” for some reason she took it as my mom was going to get him. The bus company woman was so mean on the phone and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!! I called the school and told them my husband was going to get him and not to let him on the bus. Thankfully the place that assigns the buses gave us the company my son had during the school year and my son was so happy to have his bus driver back, he even hugged him. I don’t know how some of these companies stay in business with such nasty owners that don’t care about how comfortable you feel sending your kid with a stranger. They should make you feel good to know your child will be safe.
POKEMON GO! is LIVE! I am so excited. You can catch Pokémon in the real world. The kids and I went for a nice walk looking around for Pokémon. It was a lot of fun and great way to get gamers to exercise. I have been waiting forever for this game to come out. Just have to be careful because I have heard a lot of people are going into bad places to catch Pokemon and they are getting mugged for the phone. The kids and I stay out during the day and avoid the bad area of town but it is a lot of fun to try and catch them. Trying to find them is the best part. This will be something we do down the shore a lot since it’s a nicer area.
I used my settlement and got a few books last week and got a few more this week. I have been reading a little slow but since we will be home this weekend I am hoping to clean up around the house and spend a lot of time blogging and reading. I am hoping by today I will have accomplished enough to ease my stress a little. I love going down the shore but it always leaves me feeling like I could be cleaning up or doing something else so I hope this will help!
PS Hallmark Channel has Christmas movies on all week! I am totally in my happy place! Christmas in July…Just what I needed! 🙂
Berls and I did it again, we are hosting a NEW challenge in August, it even works with COYER.
Stop by to check it out! Can you read a series in a MONTH?
I have a going on right now on my blog for The Serafina series by Robert Beatty, get book one and two of the series. This giveaway is sponsored by Disney-Hyperion
Click on image to take you to the giveaway!
Last Week on the Blog:
- [27 Jun] Summer Reading List ~ Stormi@ Books, Movies, Reviews! On My!
- [28 Jun] Ok, this week I promise, stuff will get done! ~ Task It Tuesday!
- [29 Jun] 2016 #BookishResolutions PROGRESS REPORT ~ Update VERY IMPORTANT!
- [30 Jun] The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society by Janet Sumner Johnson ★★★★
- [1 Jul] Monthly Rewind ~ June 2016
- [2 Jul] My To-Be Read List ~ Lets Vote ~ July
- [4 Jul] A quick unplanned break to catch my breath! Don’t miss me yet!
- [5 Jul] Blogging Break but I will be back next week! ~ Task It Tuesday!
- [6 Jul] Serafina and The Twisted Staff by Robert Beatty #giveaway #SerafinaandtheTwistedStaff
- [7 Jul] Mega Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Party with Xpresso Book Tours
- [8 Jul] Can You Read a Series in a Month? Challenge
- [8 Jul] Serafina and the Twisted Staff (Serafina, #2) by Robert Beatty ★★★★½
- [9 Jul] My To-Be Read List ~ And the Winner is….
- [10 Jul] Break, Books and Catching Pokemon ~ WIR & TSP
- [10 Jul] #2016HW Check In ~ Making a change.
What you might see this week:
- Can you read a series in a Month? Goal Post
- Task it Tuesday
- The Last Firedrakes Blitz (this looks like a really cool book)
- Review Arrows in the Mist
- Reivew Arms of Anu
Books read & currently reading:
New on the Bookshelf/Kindle:
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!