I am honored to have on my blog today
and her book The Land of Dragor, Book #1 The Gift of Charms
Julia Suzuki is a British fantasy author. She is best known for her unique style; threading together adventure and suspense in magical, epic settings, with plots that are topped off with beautiful messages.
As a child Julia grew up listening to the magical sounds of fair rides and animals from a theme park across the stream at the bottom of her garden in Staffordshire, England. A love of reading, nature and the outdoors fed her colourful imagination and inspired her to become an author.
After working with a Disney licensing company Julia then worked with tennis ace turned entrepreneur David Lloyd in an international resorts business. Her travels took her to many beautiful places many of which she used in her descriptive setting for Dragor.
The Gift of Charms (The Land of Dragor™,#1)
by Julia Suzuki
Hardcover, Limited Edition with red ribbon marker, 288 pages
Expected publication: September 4th 2014 by John Blake Publishing
This epic novel, first in this fantasy series, transports the reader to the magical Land of Dragor, where seven dragon clans live hidden from man having beaten off the evil dragsaur beasts.
Their great wars with the humans are over and the dragons live peacefully among the smoking mud pools and around The Fire Which Must Never Go Out. But the terrible years when they were enslaved by humans have left a lasting scar, and they are told they can never soar above the mountains and leave their safe haven to explore the outside world.
There is unease in the air of their mist-filled valley, and the coming of a strange egg heralds a new era. Unlike the normal delicate lilac, this shell is multi-coloured like the contents of a treasure chest. The newborn hatchling is called Yoshiko, but he is immediately treated with suspicion by the elders, and is lucky to survive. The last time a coloured egg was laid, legendary warrior leader Surion was born from a red shell, and with his gift of fire the dragons went to battle with the humans. Will Yoshiko bring a blessing to the clans, or a curse? Could Dragor be about to meet its saviour, or its destroyer?
Chameleon-like Yoshiko is bullied and tormented as he grows up, taunted at fire school as he struggles to produce a jet of flame. Desperate to hide his colour changes, he flees from school one day and finds himself on the fabled mountain of Cattlewick Cave, home to the mysterious and reclusive elder Guya. This chance meeting changes Yoshiko’s life, and as he develops from hatchling to youngling, he is inspired to spread his wings and venture outside Dragor. He returns with something, but will it be a blessing to Dragor or a curse.
‘A beautifully presented, wonderfully unique debut‘ -The Sun
The Gift of Charms Book #1 NOW available in paperback PRE-ORDER at AMAZON HERE UK
I was honored to be able to chat with Julia and ask her a few really fun questions
1. What’s something that amazes you? The sun setting
2. When do you find yourself singing? When I watch X factor
3. What movie deserves a sequel? Grease
4. If you could travel in time, were would you go? The Caveman times, loads of adventure
5. It’s a rainy Sunday afternoon, What movie would you want to see on TV? Enchanted
6. If you went to a Psychiatrist, what would he/she say you suffer from? Love Syndrome
7. What was your favorite childhood game? Scrabble
8. Who is the most famous person you ever met? Prince Charles
9. What is your favorite kind of cereal? Golden Grahams
10. What is your favorite snack food? Olives
11. How do you like to relax? A bubble bath
12. What is the scariest scene you remember from a movie as a kid? Nightmare on Elm Street, when he came to her in the night.
13. If you could be a member of any TV sitcom family, which would it be? Charlene from Neighbours
14. Which animal scares you the most? Why? Spiders ~ wierdos!
15. Where is your favorite place to eat? What do you like to order? Nobu: the shrimp is awesome
16. What season do you prefer? Why? Spring; it is full of promise.
17. You are a superhero, What is your superpower and Who is your Supervillian?
Supervillian: The Witch in Nania
18. Name I book you suggest everyone must read? To Kill a Mockingbird
Thank you for stopping by my blog today to check out this amazing author and her book!
If you are interested in being a part of the Author’s Spotlight ~ Please check out all the details HERE