Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Goals for September
Can y’all believe it’s September? Man, when this year set out I thought I’d be in a very different place right now. However, I really found my stride last month, so I’m going to keep most the same goals, with a couple changes in September.
- Lose 5 lbs. I think 5 lbs a month is a good goal – we’ll see how it goes. I want to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight by the end of the year, if not lower.
- Do 10 live and 5 of my choice classes at Grit. I was able to rejoin my gym last month, thanks to a great deal on a virtual membership. They have a combination of a virtual library and live streaming classes. So I want to do their September challenge – thankfully they have a good combination of short classes, that fit my crazy life right now.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I’m keeping this goal from last month.
- Only sips of soda. It’s time to cut the soda, I’ve been gradually pulling back. So just a sip of Kiko’s here and there.
- Only 1 ice cream or glass of wine (or treat) per day. In the evenings I like to have a sweet treat, and as long as I’m eating well the rest of the day, this works really well for me. But I’ve been trying to double up these days, so time to start monitoring – 1 sweet treat a day!
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 9/4: Update for 8/22 – 8/28
- Friday 9/11: Update for 8/29 – 9/4
- Friday 9/18: Update for 9/5 – 9/11
- Friday 9/25: Update for 9/12 – 9/18
- Friday 10/2: Update for 9/19 – 9/25 + Goals for October