Off the Blog:
So like what happened to January? I think I missed it….
Things are starting to settle down now that we took the steps to better our lives, what I didn’t realize was how boring it would become. 🙂 Nothing to stress or worry about sort of makes things boring and I will be honest, I am totally ok with being boring at the moment.
The most exciting thing that happen this week was I started an Instagram page for Dexter and Biscuit. It is run by myself and my daughter. We figured he is a bit of a drama dog and would be fun to capture his fun moments, plus Biscuit is adorable. The page is called The Parsons Pets so it will feature whatever animal we have in the house. If I don’t stop going on Petfinder we might have another addition sooner than I would like. We are trying…VERY hard to wait until September to get a kitten but they have so many that are SOOOOOO cute. The struggle is real! I am seriously still missing Buttons so much, but I think it would be better for me to wait, at least until after summer when we aren’t going to the shore house every weekend.
Blogging News and Updates:
I did pretty good this weekend with posts and I am surprised that I started to have ideas for posts I want to do. It’s been a year since I have had any ideas so I am excited about it. Now sure when I will do them but with Bloggiesta next week I might be able to squeeze some out during the challenge.
I got a chance to visit some people this week and it seems for now it might only be one or two days that I can do that. My issues is that I need to be on the computer to visit and can’t visit from my phone. However, I think I found a way to actually get back to visiting since I totally miss reading blog posts.
I’ve been very busy with design work this last week and have a few projects I will be starting this week. I also have a couple premade covers I need to finish. I recently did a cover for an author and she has asked me to do two more for her. I am nervous and excited! I am finally doing what I love and it am over the moon about it! I also have lots of ideas for Limabean Designs, I just need to organize them all. I am hoping to have the website updated and the new stuff up by May or June, but working all day and taking care of the family that can’t do anything without me, it takes me longer to do stuff, but it is what it is, I will make it work! 🙂 I am so excited!
You still have time to sign up for….
- Bookish Resolutions! It’s back to basics and we are making it a simple reading/blogging challenge! Lets get those resolutions completed this year…together!
- Give that Author you have always wanted to read some LOVE! Sign up for the AuthorLuv challenge!
- COYER HAS STARTED! But you still have time to Sign Up!
- Time to get those Reading Assignments listed. Join us for the 2018 Reading Assignment Challenge! We made it a little easier this time around. You still have plenty of time to sigh up!
- BLOGGIESTA first event of the year is Feb 3-4. It’s a fun challenge to help you get organized and get some of those tasks done on your blog. Sign up goes live on Monday so I will have the link next week
- Can you read a series in a Month will be back in April!
Last Week on the Blog:
- [22 Jan] Just a Few 3.5 Star Reads
- [22 Jan] Bared to You by Sylvia Day ★★★½
- [22 Jan] Into the Fury by Kat Martin ★★★½
- [22 Jan] City of Light by Keri Arthur ★★★½
- [23 Jan] I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga ★★★½
- [24 Jan] Bubbly Berls is Babbling about: Bullet Journaling #bujo
- [25 Jan] Beauty and Beastly: Steampunk Beauty and the Beast (Steampunk Fairy Tales) by Melanie Karsak ★★★★½
- [26 Jan] #24in48 I will be joining in…What I #amreading!
- [27 Jan] Snowed In by Sarah Title ★★★★
- [27 Jan] My TBR List…not a review….sorry about that.
- [28 Jan] Sunday Post with Berls | The Flu
- [28 Jan] I’m about to bore you with how boring my week was ~ WIR & SP
What you might see this week:
- Happy 5th Birthday Because Reading
- Binge Watchers Post
- Monthly Book Report
- Bloggiesta Goal Post
- My TBR List February 2018 Voting ~ Fantasy
Bookish News and What I grabbed
It took me forever to read Hunting Prince Dracula. She has an amazing way of writing and the banter between the characters was great. I didn’t LOVE it as much as the first one but it was pretty awesome. Spindle Fire was from my TBR List and I just wasn’t able to finish it, however I am currently devouring it because I actually am really interested in the story and are really liking the two main characters.
I am in serious need of a genre change so I am switching to, Fantasy. I decided that next month TBR List will be fantasy also. I just feel like I need it right now, plus the read what I want thing I decided to do is working. The first month might have been a slow reading month but OMG, I am so into reading and I haven’t felt this way in so long.
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!