Published by 336love on 2014-06-17
Genres: Love & Romance, Young Adult
Source: Amazon, Purchased
Buy on Amazon
Sadie Bradford’s life is one anxiety attack after another. All she wants is to escape life's realities for the summer and hang out with her best friend Aaron. But her grandmother has other plans: Sadie will get a job. Sadie will do volunteer work. Sadie will make new friends - friends without brain injuries that make them forget everything...friends that aren’t Aaron.
While Sadie struggles to survive her anxiety with all these new changes, she finds an escape when she dreams herself into the beautiful world of Isola Fiona. It’s a place that cures memory loss and anxiety. It’s a place where she and Aaron can fall in love.
But after dragging Aaron along with her to her dream world, things take a turn. Every time they return home, Sadie’s anxiety is a little better but Aaron’s memory is still gone. And Isola Fiona may not be much of a dream after all. As Sadie realizes that Isola Fiona is as real as her anxiety, she rushes to change the course of fate and make things right, but she may be too late...
This is a hard one to review, I would love to hug Cheyanne for doing an amazing job writing this amazing book. A book that has me trying to find words to do it justice. With so much emotion and moments I didn’t see coming this book completely blew me away.
Sadie suffers from anxiety and her BFF Aaron suffers from short term Memory issues when they are both wisked away to a world because of a ring Aaron gave her they realize that they feel a lot more for each other then friendship. Isola Fiona is a dream like world that cures you of all your aliments but when you leave all your issues come back. So no matter how much Sadie and Aaron tell each other how they feel when they come back to the real world Aaron doesn’t remember.
I want to go into details about what happens, I honestly don’t want to spoil it for you. So much happens toward the ends that as one point I yelled Oh My God! and then started crying for the next 2 chapters and my heart ached. This is an amazing book.
The characters in this book you really feel for, watching Sadie suffer from anxiety and realizing no one really gets how she feels is heartbreaking and the way Aaron’s family treats him is frustrating, you find yourself wanting to yell at them, it made me so angry. I am not a fan of his Aunt Shelly at all not matter if she had his best interest in mind. I thought Pippa was adorable, she is such a cute and sweet girl. I enjoyed all the characters in Isola Fiona however I wished they had more background, they are great characters I’m just not sure they are developed enough. I found the entire world build of Isola Fiona not detailed enough, I loved the idea of it and I just wanted more. I felt it wasn’t a perfect utopia and I’m not sure it was meant to be. I just needed more history and details about it because I loved the idea of it and I loved the Fireflies.
The overall story is amazing and it’s a really quick read because you pretty much wont be able to put it down. I gave Somewhere only we know 4.5 / 5 stars regardless of my issue with the world build of Isola Fiona I found this book to be outstanding and I loved the story, characters and feels that it brought out in me. I’m a huge fan of Cheyanne and she writes some of my favorite books. I not only recommend this one 100x over but all of her books. You wont be disappointed!
- When do you find yourself singing? In the car. I also always hide my cell phone
- What is one beverage you need to drink everyday? COFFEE.
- What superpower would you want? and what would your superhero name be? I’d want to fly and/or be invisible… and my superhero name would be Tenacious C.
- What season do you prefer? Why? I am a massive fan of Summer. I don’t even care how hot it gets. I love the sun and the heat and the beach. I’m a naturally cold person, so anything other than warm temperatures is awful for me.
- What is your favorite kind of cereal? I’m a big Lucky Charms fan. Also rice Chex. I can literally eat like 4 bowls at a time.
- What is the nicest thing someone else has done for you? Purchased my books. OR, when they purchase a copy for a friend because they liked it that much. Totally makes my day.
- If you could bring someone famous back from the grave, who would you choose? This is a hard question… does it have to be a famous person? Because I’d love to bring my grandma back. (no it doesn’t have to be someone famous) 🙂
- What is your favorite snack food? I love candy… pretty much all kinds. Also a massive fan of fried pickles.
- If you could project yourself into the past, were would you go? Back to junior high. I’d have kept writing the books I wanted to write but felt I wasn’t good enough for.
- If you were home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, what movie would you want to see on television? Any Superhero movie. Maybe Batman?
- If you could close one fast food chain, due to disgusting food, what would you pick? Subway. Yuck.
- What is one thing you refuse to share? My coffee… my nail polish…mostly my coffee.
- If you went to a psychiatrist, what would he/she say you suffer from? I’ve already been…you don’t wanna know 😉
- What makes you really sleepy? Rain always makes me pass out. It’s really unfortunately when it starts storming and I’m stuck at work.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my review
Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!