Published by Harper Collins on February 17th 2015
Genres: General, People & Places, Science & Technology, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon
The fact that someone had decided I would be safer on Mars, where you could still only SORT OF breathe the air and SORT OF not get sunburned to death, was a sign that the war with the aliens was not going fantastically well.
I’d been worried I was about to be told that my mother’s spacefighter had been shot down, so when I found out that I was being evacuated to Mars, I was pretty calm.
And despite everything that happened to me and my friends afterwards, I’d do it all again. because until you’ve been shot at, pursued by terrifying aliens, taught maths by a laser-shooting robot goldfish and tried to save the galaxy, I don’t think you can say that you’ve really lived.
If the sme thing happens to you, this is my advice: ALWAYS CARRY DUCT TAPE.
In a mood for a good Middle Grade and I think I picked up a good one, a few slow parts but some really cute characters and a robot goldfish. Lots of humor and some intense moments this was just what I needed for a fun read.
- Alice was a super cute MC and her friends Carl, Noel, Josephine and Goldfish were the perfect companions on this trip.
- Towards the middle it sort of hit a slow spot, I had a hard time staying focused but since I enjoyed the characters I pushed through.
- World build of mars was very interesting, lots of details and a different take on what the world would be like if Aliens came. I enjoyed the idea and it really was well done.
- Goldfish was my favorite, programmed to teach the kids the entire time they left the safety of the base (because it wasn’t safe anymore) all he wanted to do on the down time was teach. It was really funny.
- I thought the end was great, so much happens in this book but I thought it was all done nicely and the wrap up at the end was really well done.
I enjoyed this book, it was fun and funny. It had a bit of slowness that you need to get through but in the end it was worth it. This book would be great for 12 and Up, Adults would enjoy this book also. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my review
Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!