What would I tell myself before I started Blogging?
If I could go back 2 years and have a chat with myself about blogging I always wondered what I would tell myself. When I started 2 years ago I never realized how awesome this would be but I made a lot of mistakes along the way, yes I learned from them but I would have liked to explain a few things to myself when I was a newbie.
*jumps in time machine*
- Netgalley isn’t to stock pile free book! You need to read those, so only grab what you will read and not what you think you MUST have.
- Blogger is shit get a wordpress and pay for it, It will be totally worth it and you will be a happier blogger for doing it.
- You will meet one of your very Best friends just by answering an email so make sure you answer that email.
- Blogging isn’t easy, it takes a lot of time and planning, don’t stress but make sure you have a plan at all times.
- Stay ahead even if you feel like you are ahead, keep getting ahead, being behind sucks.
- Comment on everyone that posts on your blog you will make amazing friends and loyal followers.
- Join the Sunday Post, trust me the best people do the Sunday post.
- Make sure you join challenge/read-a-thons they are more fun than you think.
- Blogging breaks are NOT a bad thing, just like a work vacation you need a break once in a while.
- Don’t be scared, just do it. You never know! Trust me.
- Have confidence, you are not as bad as you think, you could be a whole lot worse.
- Your grammar sucks it still does two years later but it might be a little better, don’t worry no one points it out. At least not out loud 😉
- Visit, comment and share. This is a rule you have a hard time following.
- If you have a new feature try it don’t hold back, again you never know.
- Yes you are a little shy but CHAT! You will meet the most amazing people, some will be better friends to you than those you know in person. Twitter is your friend so make sure to be social! .
- BLOGGIESTA! DO IT!!
- Don’t be scared to DNF a book, it happens you aren’t going to like every book you read.
- Choose you review books carefully, you don’t have to read them all. It’s ok to say No.
- Be Yourself!
- and HAVE FUN! This isn’t a job it’s a hobby. This is your escape from real life, you will need it.
If you could go back what would you say to your newbie self when it comes to blogging?
Thanks for checking out my post
Have a great day and Happy Reading