Welcome to the Monthly Book Report, you might remember I was doing this last year and then stopped, the slump hit and I was barely reading, but now it is back and will be a monthly thing. Recapping all the books I read, added and reviewed. Just a chance to see what I did in the month and chat about books.
I might not have read a lot but I did grab a few. 🙂 This year was a slow reading month, I had a lot going on but the good thing is it’s not a reading slump…thank goodness. I am loving the idea of reading and wish I had more time in a day to accomplish all the adulting and still have time to read. I have been squeezing it in a lot more and hope to get back to setting an hour a night aside to read. Hold up, did I tell you what I did? Well to get my daughter reading since she is behind on her reading level. I told her every night for an hour we have to sit and read after her dad goes to sleep (he goes to bed early because he has to get up at 4am, eck, I know) so we both sit in the living room and read quietly for an hour. My son joined us once and then had to leave because, and I quote, “It’s way to quite in here, I’m going to bed” Well that is the point! You can’t read with lots of noise. After doing it for a couple of days she started requesting it and wanting to read. I am over the moon that it worked and it also give me an extra hour a night to read. Mom for the win! 😉
I am hoping the next few months will pick up with the reading, I must need to try and manage my time a little better. Things should settle down very soon and I am looking forward to the warmer months of being away on the weekends and reading!
Books I read this month
Books I grabbed this month
Clicking on covers will take you to goodreads.
- [4 Jan] The Eternity Elixir (Potion Masters, #1) by Frank L. Cole
- [8 Jan] Just a Few Books I hardly remember it’s been so long…
- [8 Jan] Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Marked by an Assassin by Felicity Heaton ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Things Good Girls Don't Do by Codi Gary ★★★★
- [9 Jan] Wild Wicked Scot by Julia London ★★★★
- [10 Jan] Bubbly Berls is Babbling about: Miracle Morning
- [10 Jan] The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod ★★★★★
- [11 Jan] Grilled Cheese and Dragons #1 by Nancy Krulik, Ben Balistreri ★★★★
- [15 Jan] Just a Few Random Fun Reads
- [15 Jan] Harmony Black by Craig Schaefer ★★★★
- [15 Jan] The Rogue Not Taken by Sarah MacLean ★★★★
- [15 Jan] Snow Falling on Bluegrass by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [16 Jan] Kissing Santa by Heather Horrocks ★★★
- [20 Jan] Books From Kinderland | Daily 5 and Leader in Me
- [20 Jan] The Daily Five (Second Edition): Fostering Literacy Independence in the Elementary Grades by Gail Boushey, Joan Moser ★★★★
- [20 Jan] The Leader in Me: How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time by Stephen R. Covey ★★★★
- [22 Jan] Just a Few 3.5 Star Reads
- [22 Jan] Bared to You by Sylvia Day ★★★½
- [22 Jan] Into the Fury by Kat Martin ★★★½
- [22 Jan] City of Light by Keri Arthur ★★★½
- [23 Jan] I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga ★★★½
- [25 Jan] Beauty and Beastly: Steampunk Beauty and the Beast (Steampunk Fairy Tales) by Melanie Karsak ★★★★½
- [27 Jan] Snowed In by Sarah Title ★★★★
- [30 Jan] Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between) by Lauren Graham ★★★★
Thanks for stopping by
Have a great day and Happy Reading!