News at Home: Ending April with a Bang!
This was a fairly good week, especially after the ups and downs of last week. I had duty this week, which usually sucks. It didn’t necessarily improve, but it wasn’t awful either. I had covered duty for someone else 1 day last week, so they covered for me on Thursday and I got a day off. I think that may have made the difference. It’s the little things, right? I did finally get observed – not on Tuesday, like she had said… that she cancelled. She just showed up on Wednesday when I least expected her. *shrugs* Assuming she doesn’t cancel, I’ll find out how she felt about it on Thursday this week when we have our post-conference meeting. I don’t feel it was the strongest 45 minutes in my classroom, but there were plenty of really good moments for her to observe. Not as if she can expect to see perfection for 45 minutes. I also had an unexpected observation from district – they wanted to see how I’m implementing their training and new supplies for balanced literacy this year… which, um, I’m not. Because I already had my own balanced literacy in place so it’s been a waste of my time and their money. They took lots of pictures and my principal said they were impressed, which makes me wonder if they even KNOW what they’ve given us. But, glad they liked what they saw I guess. LOL!
On Friday one of my co-workers was out and her sub cancelled at the last minute, which meant I had 7 extra kids for the day. Yay, said no one ever when that happens. Honestly it went surprisingly well and when I hit my limit, I put on a movie. Yep, we had an impromptu lesson on caring for the earth, in the form of The Lorax. It tied in really well with our Earth Day lesson last week. I haven’t done that all year, so I feel completely justified. In fact, my AP came in while they were watching the movie to give me something and she didn’t say a thing. So either she didn’t care, didn’t notice, or I will hear about it later. Don’t care 🙂 My co-teacher did the exact same thing at about the same time. There’s only so much you can do with 29 kids. It occurs to me that I’ve just described a fairly stressful week and yet it didn’t feel too stressful. I guess I just didn’t let any of it get to me?
After work Friday we sold Tauri (our Ford Taurus). It was bittersweet, as it was time to let her go, but she was such a good car and I do feel bad. My husband reminded me that she has no feelings and isn’t alive. LOL. Yeah, I get attached.
Oh and it was our anniversary on Tuesday! Thirteen years. Kind of hard to believe. We just exchanged cards on Tuesday and went out to dinner on Friday after selling Tauri. Nothing too eventful, but it was nice.
Saturday I ran a ton of errands while doing Dewey’s 24 hour Readathon. I’m taking a break from it right now to do my post, but will probably be wrapping up soon anyway. I don’t see myself going all night, as I have plenty to do tomorrow. I’ve got too many grown up responsibilities these days to read all night 🙁 especially since I can’t pull an all nighter and then have energy the next day like I used to. I need a couple days to recover!
Oh and I’ve been playing the new Harry Potter Mystery game 🙂 Anyone else addicted? I’ve resisted spending money, which is a good thing. And I’m really enjoying being a Hogwarts student!!
I’ve decided to add a Blogging insert to my Bujo (which is easy, since I use a traveler’s notebook). So I’ve spent a little time on that this week. And I’ve been visiting almost every day, despite having duty, so that was good! I haven’t done a ton of post writing though, so I need to get to that… hopefully I’ll have some time today.
Can you read a series in a month? Challenge
I finished my series this week! Yay!! That’s 3 for 3 with this challenge! I just love it and binge reading a series fits me really well. Can’t wait for us to do it again… August maybe?
This was a GREAT fitness week! I went to the gym every day, except Friday (my rest day). I did my liquid diet really well. Lost pounds. Did yoga daily. Went shopping because my feet have shrunk so much I needed new shoes… I went from a 13WW to a 11 regular width! Maybe this is why I feel like April is ending strong 🙂
Here are my April Goals and how I did this week:
- Do Yoga Monday – Friday: I’ve done yoga every day this week!
- Drink 64 oz of water daily: Yep! Once I hit 64oz I stopped tracking, but I know I went over at least 1 time this week!
- Track food and hit goals of 37P, 27C, 36F: So I did a reset diet this week, which is essentially going back to the liquids I did right after my surgery. I feel good, it wasn’t hard and the scale really responded. I didn’t do it yesterday, so we’ll see what the scale has to say. I may go back to it a few more days this week.
- Take 40 classes at GRIT: After my two classes today, I’ll be at 39 classes for the month. And I have two classes on my agenda for Monday, so I should get to 41 this month! Yay!
- Lose 10 pounds, and only weigh every 4 days (I’ve become scale obsessed): So I’m down 5.2 pounds this week, thanks to my liquid reset diet. If I can maintain that through Tuesday, I’ll end the month down 12.6 pounds. It would be great if I could keep momentum going and it down 15 pounds. But I’ll take 12.6 after the struggle this month has been. I have, however, given up staying off the scale. I think the daily accountability is more beneficial than harmful for me, at this point.
- Find one NSV (non-scale victory) a week: Thursday after the gym, my Fitbit app notified me that I had improved my cardio health… If you have fitbit you may be familiar with a part of the app that measures your cardio health and mine has always been in the POOR. I’ve always kind of disagreed, feeling that it placed too much emphasis on weight… but anyway, after class it notified me that I was now in the FAIR rating. *happy dance* Felt great! Also, I’ve just noticed that a lot of my classes have gotten so much easier. I do a lot of the “advanced” moves anymore, the ones that increase intensity because I need that extra bit! Even if the scale isn’t cooperating, I’m getting stronger and fitter!
Last Week on the Blog
- [23 Apr] Just a Few… You Guessed it! In Death Books I Loved #audioreview
- [23 Apr] Creation in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★★
- [23 Apr] Eternity in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★½
- [23 Apr] Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [24 Apr] Task it Tuesday | Oops! Comments! #taskittues
- [25 Apr] The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★★★
- [27 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Goal Post
- [28 Apr] My To-Be Read List ~ April Review Link up.
- [28 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Update Post ~ Hour 5
- [29 Apr] Sunday Post with Berls | Ending April with a Bang!
- [29 Apr] Michelle is going on Hiatus!
Coming Next Week From Me
Sunday Post with Berls | Ending April with a Bang!
Just a Few Innkeeper Chronicles
Task It Tuesday | Making a blogging #bujo
Bubbly Berls is Babbling about book links
I was confused… Clutch #audioreview