on October 31st 2017
Genres: Reverse Harem
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Buy on Amazon
Seven towns. Seven seas. The seven council. The seven words every person lives by.
The sea is lost, pirates are death.
Cassandra should have been killed at birth, like all the other children who have powers like her.
The changed ones.
The ones who started the war, lost the seas and killed millions with their gifts.
Lucky for Cassandra, her father is on the council. One of the seven rulers of her large town and has kept her hidden her entire life.
When she is seen for the first time, she has no choice but to run and the only place she can go is to the sea.
To the pirates and a certain death.
At least that is what she thinks. When she meets six handsome pirates and they take her on board their ship, she learns about a whole new world.
If only she can protect her heart when they all desire to own it.
This is a reverse harem trilogy.
I am so glad I read this because the guys in this book are 6 of my favorite. I loved everything about them. The fawning over Cassandra was a bit much but over all I would get excited when one entered a room. I went into this book expecting action and twists and turn, I got that and more. The over all story and the pace wasn’t that bad and I really enjoyed this enough to read the next two as soon as I was finished with this one because of the ending of each book left me wanting to know what happened next.
- Cassandra is likable but I wasn’t totally loving her. She was somewhat spunky but also need more of a build. She kind of didn’t seem against being with 6 guys and for someone that only knew their dad and two others that was a jump.
- I LOVED her best friend Everly, she was super cute and think she will be awesome for the rest of the story. 🙂 It was awesome that she didn’t see anything wrong with Cassandra and they had a cute sister/protective bond.
- Her father wasn’t my favorite person, rather mean and kept her hidden but he was a council member and should have been better to her and protecting her.
- The guys in the book are swoony. I wasn’t a fan of the nicknames they gave her but overall, I was very happy when showed up. Dante, Jacob, Hunter, Ryland, Zack and Chaz..***SWOON***
- The steamy scenes just sort of went by rather quickly. It didn’t have the slow build of sex and I can’t for the life of me remember if there was even a sex scene in this book or I am thinking of the next book, lol
- The world is interesting, because the changed ones are being killed the world is dying. It’s up to Cassandra and her handsome pirates to save the day.
- I can’t believe it ended like that!
Overall I really enjoyed the book. I thought the characters needed a little more build, especially Cassandra, she needed more personality. I enjoyed this enough to binge the next two so of course I HIGHLY recommend this book and the entire series! 🙂[inlinkz_linkup id=787469 mode=1]
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!