Week in READ-view is a post I have posted on Sundays telling you what I have been up to this week and what I read or am reading. The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the awesome Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, post a recap of the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On the Blog, Books & Real Life:
Well this week was rather interesting…On Tuesday I took off of work because Ryan woke up getting sick so I kept him home incase he has a Stomach bug but it turned out to just be one of those bad tummy aches that make you feel sick. By the end of the day he was feeling much better and able to go to school the next day.
Thursday morning I heard my husband leave at 5am to go to work, I heard him backing out the driveway, I started to doze off again when I heard a big bang. I thought great he just hit something backing out of the driveway. When I went to look outside there was 5 cop cars blocking the street and across the street from us, 10 cops were breaking down the door of the house. They moved in like a police show and yelled, once upstairs “This is the police, open up, we have a warrant to search the premises” WTF is going on!!! They busted open the door and I can see flash lights in the house, they then moved to the first floor of the house and did the same thing. I sat at the window for an hour watching it unfold, this was better than one of those shows. The searched the entire house but I heard one of the cops say “He isn’t here” I then realized it was the guy downstairs they were looking for. I would assume it was drugs they were looking for, I haven’t seen that guy in a couple days so he left at the right time I guess. The people upstairs from them I felt bad for since they had nothing to do with it. No arrest was made and after an hour they packed up and left. I was now tired and disappointed, I was expecting a Blue Blood or NCIS outcome but I got nothing. I really want to move. Problem is, it will be a big change, for not only me but for the kids also. Its a big decision I am not sure I want to make right now with the holidays coming up but the first of Jan we are going to really start thinking about it. I need out of this town, I can’t have that keep happening while my kids are asleep.
Saturday was apple and pumpkin picking, we got the apples just not the pumpkins, I will do that closer to halloween since I don’t want them to get all gross before we can carve them.
Today I plan to do a ton of blogging stuff, I have a bunch of drafts that need to be written and stuff to organize. My New plan for Task it Tuesday has been really working and I want to keep it up. I haven’t had 20 posts drafted in a very long time! I am so excited that stupid slump is behind me 🙂
Last Week on the Blog:
- [10 Oct] Baba Yaga with Mandy at @ReadingDiaries ~ Monster and Book
- [11 Oct] WOW! This layout helped me so much! ~ NEW Task It Tuesday!
- [12 Oct] The Alien That Ate My Socks (Hoolie and the Hooligans, #1) by Brandon Dorman ★★★★
- [14 Oct] Werewolf with Lola at @LolasReviews ~ Monster and Book Guest Post
- [15 Oct] Grim Reaper with Lexxie @McLexxie ~Monster and Book Guest Post
- [16 Oct] Another Interesting Week ~ WIR & TSP
What you might see this week:
- Vampire with Laura @Lauramg_tdir ~ Monster and Book Guest Post
- 14 Night Blog Hop
- Task It Tuesday
- Zombies with Kai @yogikai ~ Monster and Book Guest Post
- Werewolf with Stormi@BMReviewsOhMy ~ Monster and Book Guest Post
- Frankenstein with Katrina @Bookishthings ~ Monster and Book Guest Post
- 24 Hour Read-a-thon Kick Off Post
- SPOOKTACULAR Giveaway Blog Hop
Books read & currently reading:
New on the Bookshelf/Kindle:
Oops! #sorrynotsorry 😉
- A Gingerbread Christmas Cafe by Rebecca Raisin ~ 99¢ Amazon
- A Family for Christmas by Mona Ingram ~ Amazon Freebie
- The Holiday Swap by Zara Stoneley ~ 99¢ Amazon
- Christmas Under a Cranberry Sky by Holly Martin ~ 99¢ Amazon
- A Love Letter To Whiskey by Kandi Steiner ~ Kindle Unlimited
- Tonic by Staci Hart ~ Kindle Unlimited
- All I want for Christmas by Jenny Hale ~ 99¢ Amazon
- Revolutionary Magic by Thomas K. Carptenter ~ Amazon Freebie
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!