Who doesn’t love to find out more about the person behind the blog. I thought I would give you a few fun fact once in a while. It might be a theme post or just a list of random things about me. I hope you enjoy all these little fun facts about me.
Since it’s the Summer I thought I would tell you a few fun facts about my summers.
- I hate the summer, I am not a fan of the heat and I prefer cooler weather. My house needs to be freezing or I am one unhappy girl.
- I do however love to swim (weird I know) but it must be in a pool. We have a town pool at my parents summer house that we love to go to the water is freezing but it’s very refreshing when its hot.
- I don’t like the beach, NOT AT ALL! I hate the sand and how it sticks to everything. I also hate that it gets into places it should never be in.
- I have been going to the Jersey Shore every weekend since I was little. My grandparents had a house when I was young and we would stay there all the time and then my parents got a house.
- My dad built our summer house and it’s bigger than our regular house. It’s gorgeous and I love going there. It’s so quiet and right on the water, plus my kids enjoy going because it’s on a dead end and it’s like a little spot to ride bikes and play.
- Every summer we use to take a trip to the Bronx Zoo but it’s so hot and the Bronx Zoo is build on what I can only imagine is a mountain because the amount of walking you have to do, up hill, you are luck if you don’t die.
- I am a huge fan of water slides, I panic a bit in the enclosed ones but I do love them. I have corrupted my children into loving them as well.
- My husband hates swimming but this isn’t really about him now is it and he’s a doofus for not liking it anyway.
- I taught my kids how to swim, I am pretty sure my mom taught me by throwing me in a pool and hoping for the best, so I pretty much did the same thing and they are now swimmers…well sort of, it looks like they are drowning but they are not.
- When I was little we had a small pool in our backyard. One day we thought it would be a good idea to make a whirlpool, the pool collapsed, sending me down the yard to Misses Burgermeanies House thank goodness for the gate….it was a fun ride.
Summers have always been fun for me as a kid and even as an adult I try to do a lot more stuff with the kids outside of the house. The heat is a problem but no one wants to relocate to Alaska so I just have to deal with it.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying the Summer
Have a great day!