Week in READ-view is a post I have posted on Sundays telling you what I have been up to this week and what I read or am reading. The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the awesome Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Real Life & Blog News:
Last year I saw this book that pretty much had me at “look at my pretty cover” and I have been hooked ever since. How can I pass up a story about Lois Lane before meeting Clark, a YA that screams for me to read it. I have been stalking Netgalley and the Switch Press website just looking at this book, I have read the synopsis a million times and I was very close to sending Capstone Publishing an email (I have never emailed a publisher) to see if I can get an advanced copy but I chickened out. Well I saw on the website that it they had a giveaway for advanced copies and just for the hell of it I thought why not…LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL ON SATURDAY!!!
I SCREAMED with delight and was pretty much in complete shock! I have to now reorganize my reads because I am not sure I can wait to read this book! I am praying that I’m not disappointed and that my usual instincts of knowing a great book just by looking at it (it’s like a super power and it’s weird) aren’t wrong. This week was HORSESHIT and I can’t even explain how this totally made up for it.
And yes this was a really shitty week, a lot of things with my son, this is another bump in the road for us, however, this bump is HUGE but like always we will take it one day at a time and we will get through it…together.
Because of everything that has gone on I am again behind on my bloggy stuff but I got a bunch of stuff done of Friday and plan to be a very productive girl today with setting up posts and visiting all my favorite blogs. I am hoping to be a bit ahead so I can concentrate on Bloggiesta next weekend, fingers crossed this week is a lot better.
Last Week on the Blog:
- Bout of Books Read-a-thon Goal #boutofbooks
- I Have a Friend on Jupiter by Celine Mariotti ~ Author’s Spotlight
- #Review ~ Revenant (Lords of Deliverance #6) by Larissa Ione
- Life of Blogger ~ Scars you have
- The Girl In Between by Laekan Zea Kemp ~ Author’s Spotlight
- My To-Be Read List ~ And the Winner is….
- 2014/2015 #Coyer Winter Update ~ Week 3
This Week on the Blog:
- Bout of Books Read-a-thon End Post
- Starstruck by Brenda Hiatt ~ Author’s Spotlight
- Mini #Bloggiesta Goals
- Life of Blogger ~ Bad Habits
- Olivia MacAllister, Who Are You? by Celine Mariotti ~ Author Spotlight
- Review Eliza Bluebell by A.J. York
- Review ~ Blame it on the Mistletoe
Read/Currently Reading/ Next
Clicking on pictures will take you to goodreads
Books I got this week:
Nothing but the book that I told you about above. As far as I am concerned that is really all I needed 🙂
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!