Published by Createspace Independent Pub on January 12th 2015
Genres: Fiction, Supernatural, Thrillers
Buy on Amazon
Don’t fall asleep. Don’t dream. Don’t get caught.
Amy knew she’d hate Narrowdale, a boring suburban town. How could it possibly compare to L.A., where she lived her entire life? Being a high school freshman in a new place made things even worse.
And that was before she started having the same nightmare over and over again. Before she woke up every night to a shrill whistle outside her window. Before she met a homeless man who seemed to know way too much.
Some things seem to happen only in Narrowdale, where dark secrets are hiding beneath the surface…
I found this book on Xpresso Tour site and was taken by how awesome the synopsis sounded. Seemed like something that would be both creepy and interesting. What I didn’t expected was how creepy it was, this was a great thriller like book, almost reminded me of that movie with Kevin Bacon, Stir of Echoes but without all the hypnotizing.. I always seemed to read this book at night when everyone else was sleeping which made it even more creepy. 🙂
I thought I would give you a few reasons why I liked this book.
- Amy (the MC) is a funny, typical 16 year old girl and a bit guarded at times. I adored her she was a fantastic character to read about.
- I loved the added Blog Post with all the comments from her friends. It really made you feel like Amy was a real girl in a town called Narrowdale.
- Amy’s friends Shane and Corel are fantastic just two really great kids that Amy was lucky to become friends with.
- I loved the writing, funny, intense, creepy and great story build. I really look forward to read more from this author.
- Amy had her frustrating moment but I think that is because she was so guarded about what she believed but she was really likable. So it was a good frustrating 🙂
- It scared the crap out of me!!!
I really enjoyed this book a lot, the story was really chilling and when the book was done it really left an impression. I enjoyed all the characters and the creepiness. Even Narrowdale was a character in itself. I look forward to the next book. “Only in Narrowdale” can you get a great story with very enjoyable characters.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my review
Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!